Why no horizontal trigger winders for Leica or Voigtlander?

A winder with a vertical trigger, like the Leicavit, allows for slightly faster sequence shooting and much faster left-eye shooting, since you don't have to take the camera away from the eye to wind on.

But a horizontal trigger...well, I've never used one, but it looks fairly awkward. Bart, could you give a little description of it in use?

Thanks.

The one on my Ricoh is basically a mirror of the top winder on the bottom of the camera.

I just thought it was brilliant that I didn't have to pull my eye away from the finder to dodge my thumb. I wind with my middle finger and focus with my index finger on the tab.

Also, since I'm left handed, I tend to get distracted when I do stuff with my right hand, since I have to think about it more.

Now that I've seen the leicavit and the rapidwinder, It does seems that the translation of the vertical action to horizontal winding mechanism mean that the winder has to be thicker than if the motion remainged horizontal throughout the drive mechanism.

It looks like a horizontal winding mechanism could be thinner, if not nearly as thin as a stock base plate (if you care about such things)