Why is Photo.net suckin it up?

Sorry but this is really P*&%$#IN me off. I get done typing a long

question that I need advice on, after already loging in, and I

hit "POST", and then it asks me to log in again, then it goes forward

to a blank form and loses my post. It is doing this all the time now.

Anyone have an explanation or is it being worked out? it's been

going on for a while

Timothy,

I've had the same problem, and though I haven't resolved it, I generally save myself the extra typing by hitting the "Back" button, highlighting then copying my question/response, then trying to submit it again. If it doesn't work, I just paste what I'd copied into the blank document, and submit it. It usually works then.

Bill

I recently had one instance of the same thing -- I was logged in, but then when I hit submit, I suddenly wasn't. I definitely think it's some weird technical glitch. You may want to post your browser details: I'm using IE 6.0 on XP professional.

I've seen this once or twice as well. At this point, if I know I'm going to be writing a response that's more than a few lines I just write it up in emacs and save it as a text file. Then I cut and paste as needed. Lame workaround, but at least you won't lose you text.

Hello Timothy,

Yes, i Know what you mean. It usually happens to me, when ive typed an extra long question/reply, and its really annoying.

However, i think i have solved it. When it happens, i return to the page, where i signed in, and resubmit my password, and then go forward again, to my typed question/answer, and resubmit it.

Seems to work for me.

Cheers

It's quite ironic that I just experienced the same thing. I was logged in, but then when I submitted my comment I had to re-login.

I'm using Galeon 1.2.5 (with Mozilla 1.0.0) under Linux (kernel 2.4.18) through a Junkbuster proxy. I've never had problems with this setup in the past.

It seems to occur most often if you take too long to type a particular answer. Most of the time if you log in (again) and use the back button (I'm using IE) to your window with the answer and hit submit again, it goes on and takes it. I'm guessing that with a busy server, it times you out somehow.

I have had similar problems lately. I've just changed my cookie profile to see if it will work any better. However there is a related problem which is even more difficult. When I log in and go to a collection of pics, such as top rated pics, everything works well at first. However intermittently when I click on a thumbnail to see the larger version of an image, I get a screen that seems unable to load the image. I see the caption all right, but the image takes forever to load, and eventually I give up. I back up to the last screen, but then I can't load any images at all. Text files seem to be unaltered, and I can move to other websites and photos will not load elsewhere either. This always seems to start at photo.net, but it somehow contaminates my computer so it won't work elsewhere. Moreover, when I try using windows explorer after that, I can't get it to work either. Superficially it starts up ok. But it cannot display the list of files in a directory or subdirectory in the way it normally works. I have found the only solution is to reboot my computer. Things go back to normal until I visit photo.net again. It works well on other photo websites as long as I haven't been to photo.net first. But somehow photo.net seems to be sending my computer a signal that causes IE 6 to malfunction, until I shut the computer off again. Any ideas? I use Windows ME, with all recent security patches offered by Microsoft.