Why Is Adobe Bridge Changeing the color of my photos

<p>I thought it was just me. But now I am starting to see that every time i upload pics (Raw images) via bridge, they look fine when rendering for the preview. Then right when they get to 100% resolution bridge will ad a red tint/temp to every picture. Its time consuming having to go into camera raw and take the red out of every photo. how do i fix this. I did see a calibration tab in raw. but i only see d2X modes modes to choose from what do i pick for a d90</p>

<p>There's a basic misconception in your question.</p>

<p>You start with a RAW file, based on the data that the camera captured. Each and every raw file <em><strong>intrepreter</strong></em> program has to read that data, and cobble together an image. What you get depends on numerous variables, some internal to the program, some of your choosing. A fine distinction maybe, but if you rephrase the question as:</p>

<p><em>Why is Adobe Bridge (and it's "engine" Adobe Camera Raw) mis-interpretting my RAW file's data?</em></p>

<p>Maybe you're halfway towards sorting it out.</p>

<p>Thanks Mendel. that is why i made it clear i was uploading raw images. This question is geared towards people that use bridge. Once anyone were to read the post they would understand just as You did what I was asking, with out the intimidating subject heading.<br /> But thanks for your time</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Then right when they get to 100% resolution bridge will ad a red tint/temp to every picture.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>There is no 100% resolution preview in Bridge. You have to use the loupe feature by clicking on the main Preview pain of the image and click with the magnifying glass cursor and hit + or - key to zoom in or out. You also have to wait for this "loupe" preview feature to get past the antialiased quicky off color thumbnail preview to get to see a 100% pixel for pixel accurate rendering.</p>

<p>Also you need to pick a Bridge Workspace Layout that allows you to know which is the thumbnail preview which should look smaller from the main Preview pane. Sometimes the thumbnail can be as large as the main Preview pane confusing users into thinking the preview is an accurate representation of the actual image which it isn't.</p>

<p>Thumbnails and the main Preview pane have separate preferences that have to be set before you upload images to a folder. These settings are for high quality previews (takes longer to refresh) or Software rendered which can speed up refreshed previews at the sacrifice of accuracy. Get to know these preview preferences. Carefully read what they say before changing them because some require purging Bridges preview cache which can be a PITA.</p>

<p>If the thumbnail previews have a black bounding box and look different, it's because they haven't finished caching ACR defaults over the incamera jpeg rendering. You have to give it time especially if you have a ton of images uploaded in one folder. Sometimes this bounding box thumbnail preview doesn't go away on some images and stays locked in the incamera jpeg preview. What I've found that fixes this is to either open in ACR, do a minor edit and click "Done" OR rename the folder the images are in which forces a refresh of the preview cache causing all images to go through the incamera preview followed by the ACR default setting based preview.</p>

<p>Here's something else about Bridge, ACR and final Photoshop previews that most may not be aware of but is a PITA to deal with at least in my experience. If you edit color in ACR in any other zoom level other than 100%, even though the main Bridge preview size, which can approximate a 25% zoom level in ACR, will match ACR's reduced zoom preview, the preview you get in Photoshop will be subtly but noticeably different in hue and saturation viewing the image at any other zoom level other than 100%.</p>

<p>This is a PITA primarily because having to edit even a small 6MP image at 100% zoom doesn't allow you to see an accurate preview of overall saturation level in ACR especially if working on a small 20" wide screen LCD. I can see why everyone prefers working on those big 30" displays due to the fact you have to work at 100% zoom in ACR. Even 50% zoom is off.</p>

<p>I'ld like to know if others see this on their system, cuz I just ordered a third party display to see if it's a display quality issue. And if there's a preference I overlooked to fix this, please divulge.</p>

<p>Sorry for going so long on this. I wish I could learn to edit myself, but I feel I need to cover all bases on this. It took me a long time to figure this much out on my own and wanted to spare others the same.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Resurrecting this thread to add an update that fixes the preview saturation mismatch issue between ACR and Photoshop as shown in the image I posted above.</p>

<p>The fix is to purge Bridge's cache for the folder containing the image in question. It is accessed in Bridge's menu under Tools>Cache>Purge Cache for folder XXX.</p>

<p>After doing this, all zoom levels now show the same saturation appearance in ACR and Photoshop.</p>

<p>Just FYI for those that come across this kind of problem.</p>