Why doesn't Travis have a hero icon?

I just checked. Travis has 2,933 postings as of this moment, and his bullshit content is ZERO. As they say, his signal to noise ratio is very good. Top quality fellow.

Most of what I write is BS, however this group is a very entertaining crowd.

James, yes, the hot air icon should be a balloon.

There should also be a 'Kristian Dowling' icon, the KD, for those who constantly get out of Leica with gusto, only to get back in with the zeal of a religious convert. Patrick (Washington, DC) and Paul Neuthaler are the 2003 frontrunners for this award.

The "hero" icon is a mystery to everyone and seems to create more problems than it solves. Nothing like making people believe that there is a class war going on.

<P>

As far as I have ever known, the icon wasn't a "number of posts" thing. But rather a "nominated" type of thing. Mine appeared after I started doing moderation and editorial duties around here. The icon matters little to me. If I'm going to be "recognized" I'd rather have a little timer showing the number of hours I have spent writing and doing "unseen" work.

<P>

But as far as Travis goes, if he feels it's important, he surely deserves one. Travis, drop me some e-mail.