Why do some images become links ([IMG] when they appear as images initially?

tcyin

Don't know for sure, but this is one of a few puzzles I have been pondering and gathering information.

You might assist me, and, I expect these questions are self explanatory as to where my investigations thus far, have tracked:

1. How big (weight) are the images that revert to links?

2. What size (pixels) are the images that revert to links?

3. Do you always use the same device and the same browser?

4. Wanna point me to two threads where this has happened, please.

Thanks,

WW

Don't know for sure, but this is one of a few puzzles I have been pondering and gathering information.

You might assist me, and, I expect these questions are self explanatory as to where my investigations thus far, have tracked:

1. How big (weight) are the images that revert to links?

2. What size (pixels) are the images that revert to links?

3. Do you always use the same device and the same browser?

4. Wanna point me to two threads where this has happened, please.

Thanks,

WW

1. Not sure what you mean by 'weight'. I generally post photos that are on my Flickr site, and they are usually 1024 pixels wide

2. Usually 1024 wide

3. Yes, same device and browser

4. Three examples below.

Full moon last night

Narrow passageway

Monday in Nature, July 13, 2020

On each of the three examples that you posted, the BB code was correct to insert a LINK to your Flickr page.

On each of the three examples that you posted, the BB code and/or the image address were/was incorrect to insert an IMAGE.

In each of the examples you posted I have not edited your original script, and I have inserted the image, (using BB Code), below this marker: ***

When you are replying to a thread if you have the address of the image (not the address of the Flickr page) you can use the "Insert Image Icon" in the menu bar; this Icon is the landscape scene just to the right of the smiley face. Doing so will automatically insert the correct BB Code for you.

At this point, I think there might be an error in the method being used to upload mages from your Flickr account.

Please confirm that you can now see the correct images in those three threads

1. Not sure what you mean by 'weight'.

I meant 'size' as measured in KB or MB

WW

• 2 weeks later...

Please confirm that you can now see the correct images in those three threads

Yes, they all look correct now. Odd thing is that they also all looked correct when I first posted them. Only days or weeks later did they become links rather than images. And oddly, the other 95% of the images posted in the same manner remain as images. My usual procedure is to get the BBCode from Flickr and simply paste that into the text of the reply. Let me try doing it the way you suggest, i.e. using the 'insert image icon'.

So this is posted using my usual procedure

50294640547_d5f3088b9c_b.jpgFull moon tonight by Tom Yin, on Flickr

And now the same image using the 'insert image icon

http://50294640547_d5f3088b9c_b.jpgFull moon tonight by Tom Yin, on Flickr[/img]

Edited by tcyin

Please confirm that you can now see the correct images in those three threadse

Yes, they all look correct now. Odd thing is that they also all looked correct when I first posted them. Only days or weeks later did they become links rather than images. And oddly, the other 95% of the images posted in the same manner remain as images.Full moon tonight by Tom Yin, on Flickr

I cannot explain why that happened, I can only report that each of three images which I corrected, had incorrect nomenclature in the BB code.

Put it down to an unexplained bug.

If you have any further issue, just give me a yell, I am happy to assist putting it right.

WW