Why aren't Profoto modifier positions 1-5 marked on the unit?

dan_spellman

<p>Howdy yall,<br>

New Profoto user here. The B1 won me over. :) Very happy and just bought my first modifier, the Wide zoom reflector. I was just wondering if there's a reason that only positions 6-10 are marked on the unit? Are you not meant to attach your modifier further along the unit beyond the 6? Or is it not significant?<br>

(I also noticed on the modifier, it gives you the beam angle for positions 10 and 6 - wouldn't the angles of 10 and 1 be more useful to know?!)<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>According to the datasheet the widezoom reflector has a beam spread from 80 degrees (position 10) up to 40 degrees (position 4). That's what it's made for. The difference in degrees between 6 and 4 looks minimal though.</p>

<p>http://media.profoto.com/pages/download.php?ref=196&size=&ext=pdf&k=&alternative=-1&usage=-1&usagecomment=</p>

<p>But try it out and use it however you like. The markings on the monolight is more so you can repeat something you like. The markings on the reflector is so you know which way to go if you want it wider / tighter. </p>

<p>PS. Also the B2 has flash bulb recessed so it's more or less physically impossible that you'll get the exact same light spread that you would from the profoto heads where the bulb is visible from all directions. But as I said it's all about what it looks like so it doesn't really matter.</p>

<p> </p>