Who's still using their original digital rebel(300d)?

bob_himmelright

<p>It seems to me that the camera has given you lots of pleasure over the years. Aren't you glad you took the plunge way back when? The time may very well come when you'll want something else. When you take THAT plunge, I hope that camera serves you even better and gives you many more great pictures</p>

<p>My best wishes to you.</p>

<p>Joe</p>

<p>Mom has mine. The pictures she takes with it she uses as guides in her painting.</p>

<p>It’s still a surprisingly impressive camera, even if it can’t hold a candle to my

5DII. I’d pick it over any P&S any day. Even the kit lens is “not that

bad.”</p>

<p>Cheers,</p>

<p>b&</p>

<p>I am still using it. I bought it around 2004 and did not really use it for the first year. After about six months of using the kit lens, I bought an 24-70 F2.8 and bolted it on as my normal lens. I originally bought the camera to do product photos for two history books. Years of delay in research was a pain in the butt but I am now doing the shots. One way to make the camera do bigger images is to utilize it for photo stitched panoramas. I love doing large view panos. However, I do not print larger than 11" on the short length side. So I end up doing a 11 x 35 on 12 x 36 paper at Costco. The longest printed pano I had custom done at Moonphoto in Seattle was about 9.5 x 50. The pano limitation on size was due to the largest mat sheet being 60". So the max size could only be 56" on the length. Also the frame materials have limited length too. Flexing can be an issue so I used Plexiglas instead of glass. The last addition is a 50mm F1.4 but have not shot with it yet. I also have a Canon 10D that is IR converted. That one has noise issues I have yet to resolve but have gotten some interesting stuff for Black and White images. Am currently doing hardware and software upgrades to 64 bit for larger photo stitching. CHEERS...</p>