Who'll repair a Minolta Maxxum 7d FFB issues?

justincox

I have a Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D with first frame black issues. I've read online that they no longer make parts for the camera.

Does anyone know where or how I can repair this camera?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

If your Dynax7 has FFB problem, and, if it is not too late, I may help you...

I also have a D7 with FFB problem. I use it regularly although can't solve this problem permanently.

1. Turn on the camera

2. Take the shutter to Bulb mode

3. Release shutter and take your finger off

4. Shutter will stay open as expected

5. Hold the camera grip firmly, and gently hit the bottom of the camera to somewhere like armlet of a bergere untill the shutter close down

6. Repeat all these steps again when the camera stops operation.

May be crazy but, it really works if the camera has not been died totally. I hope my English is clear enough to explain what I mean.

Best regards...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, unfortunately the UK facility to fix the FFB issue closed when Minolta sold its camera assets to Sony in 2006. Sony stopped fixing them and offered a discount on a then new A100. There used to be a Minolta service centre in Germany who fix it but they only had limited number of parts and of course as soon as everything became Sony spare parts for Minoltas stopped being made. Unfortunately there were a huge number of 7Ds made with the part that went faulty. Your best approach if you really like the colours that the 7D gives is to try and find a working one on Ebay. I have three but only one works!!. Its definitely not anything you can fix without the revised part.