Who wants a CV 15mm for Contax G Series?

andrew1

I found <A href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/

eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7601804009&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AI

T&rd=1">this </A>little gem while looking for something else. I have no

connection with this, but I don't think I'm alone in being curios about the idea of

using a Voigtlander 15 on a Contax G camera. Any of you used such a beast? Any

reason to do it other than having both pieces of kit available?

The Voigtlander 15 is a lot more all around useful lens than the fixed aperture f/8 Hologon, which is next to useless without the center filter. With it on you're at an effective aperture of f/16. The VC Heliar is useable wide open at f/4.5. The Hologon was an expensive but amazing piece of glass when it hit the market in the early 1970's. Today it's a curiousity.

"The Hologon was an expensive but amazing piece of glass when it hit the market in the early 1970's. Today it's a curiousity."

The G-mount Hologon is a recomputed version, though it still needs the centre filter to counter light fall-off and cannot be stopped down. A number of them have been converted to Leica mount in Japan.

The Zeiss Hologon for Leica M (made in tiny quant5ities in 1973) was a 15 mm F/8 fixed aperture lens. The more recent Hologon for Contax G is a 16 mm F/8 lens with a completely differentr formula. The recent 16/8 lens has been (privately) adapted for use on Leica M. These adapted lenses turn up for sale from time to time.