Who should be crying?

Hell, I well up every time the Bride starts down the aisle with her dad.

My wife thinks it is because I never had any daughters... just two ungrateful sons who

never call me except to get something. It's enough to make anyone cry.

; -)

Marc, I never suspected that those were tears! I thought that they were beads of sweat from wearing that black outfit in the hot sun at the wedding in Miami, FL. while schlepping around that huge Hasselblad AND your Leica M7. Live and learn.

"Who should be crying?" This is the 21st century Michael, men are allowed to cry when they get emotional. Did the bride cry too? My goodness kinda old fashioned ain'tcha....;)....J

My husband cried at our wedding..... Hmmm.... Maybe that was a sign considering it's a second marriage for both of us!

I have to admit, I've been to several weddings over the past few years where the groom was teary-eyed. Can't say what the difference is from the past, except that maybe it's becoming common (and acceptable) for men to show their emotions more?

• 1 month later...
I must admit that usually I'm impressed by the comments made on photo.net, but some of the comments on this thread are truly disappointing. Jay, I'm with you--this is the 21st century. Men crying is not something to mock, regardless of whether or not he's a "man's man." It should be appreciated--it shows that he's emotionally moved and cares about his bride and their relationship. Shouldn't that be celebrated? Let's get past the damaging gender stereotypes. Everyone cries, even men.

• 9 months later...