Droplets In Green with Provia

by Hin Man, on Flickr

33500475124_f6a0466fcf_b.jpg

Droplets In B&W

by Hin Man, on Flickr

33500471954_e9a3f6e9d6_b.jpg

Droplets In Green

by Hin Man, on Flickr

These bunch of pictures were shot in 2010 with Pentax K-x and I shot them likely with the Kiron 70-150mm f/3.8 in M42 mount.

I no longer have this zoom lens and I have replaced it with a Tamron Adaptall-2 70-150mm f/3.5 (20A). And I do miss this Kiron zoom lens a bunch. The Kiron has a charming characters in good sharpness and it is quick to focus making the zoom lens well suited to street shooting in getting subjects closer from a distance.

Edited by hinman

34351483475_1707466c44_b.jpg

SF 2008 Photos Re-edit

by Hin Man, on Flickr

Shot with the similar lens likely a Kiron 70-150mm f/3.8 in either K or M42 mount

The above flower shot was taken around the same time and when I wish I can find some green to mix it well into this thread. But what the heck, I am finding excuses to post. I am color blind when it comes to finding a reason to post. The thread title will become misleading after this post.

It is kind of sad that all of my longest friends in Pentaxian community in this forum have gone quiet. My heart is always in Photo.net as I was born digital in this community way back in 2007 when I first got my Pentax K100D. People like Justin, G. something (the 1 of the 4 pentaxians at one point along with Kerrick James), the Marcus who always have issues with my macro shots, Rose, Matt & Marialena, my very admired and respected Todd, Douglas, Miserere, Peaches & Curry, Bobs, and Dave and his son, Andrew, and many of you whom I have likely forgotten the names such as Javier, Robins etc. Hope you are all well and come back sometime for a timely visit.

The Kiron zoom may be a bargain for the K-1 if you find a good copy. On K20D and K-x timeframe, I used it in street shooting. I miss Javier as he is one of the best street shooters with a 24mm. I can't shoot like Javier as I like to shoot in stealth mode ready to hide and run as a chicken when I feel embarrassed and guilty in disturbing others. That is me, I can be timid and friendly at the same time. My favorite subject are those not moving and staying perfectly still for my shots. You can see it in my past shots while visiting SF mission street area close to the Bart stations in Powell and Embarcadero street

33509526824_79e62d18e2_b.jpg

SF 2008 Photos Re-edit

by Hin Man, on Flickr

Both of my boys never get tired in visiting San Francisco. As I get older and have less patience in driving back to back traffic in the weekends, I dislike visiting SF with a car. But I have to take my preferences aside and go sometime as my family stills love SF the same way they did years ago. They never enjoy waiting for their Daddy to take snapshots on the streets, I always get hurried in my shots. I need a faster approach to framing and shooting. With my family, I will have a very difficult time shooting in films -- my excuses.

33958932740_0b9d56f325_b.jpg

Lonely Tree In Sunol Glen

by Hin Man, on Flickr

I took this photo way back in 2010 where my two boys were studying in Sunol Glen. It has always been a pleasant drive along Sunol Glen seeing all the trees and the scene can sometime be spectacular with clouds forming over the tree's shoulder. I envy the tree for its solitude and breathtaking view while enjoying the sunshine with shades.

The shot was made with Exif on 85mm and I tagged it with 70-150mm, so it must be coming from my last 70-150mm MF zoom with Tamron Adaptall-2 70-150mm f/3.5 (20A) and I used it with Pk-A adapter and hence the exif are all intact. Somehow, no lens work alike with equal characters and sure enough when I trimmed all my other Kiron 70-150mm with 1 throw and 2 throws and in both M42 and K-mount, what I get now is a PK-A exif friendly zoom lens but I sure miss the sharpness along with quick focusing and a shorter build from the Kiron.

I do like the Pentax cameras as much as the Penta-prisms in general. I own many Pentax cameras but the first one was a KX. The nice lady, owner of a pawn shop, felt that I really wanted it, and she lowered the price, sold it to me for $30 with an M 50mm lens 1.4. I still love that KX and often use that 50mm 1.4 on my K50, even though, now I prefer my cheap Vivitar 100mm F3.5, because my eyes get worse and it is easier to focus with the Vivitar.

Thank you John, I have the Cosin 1:1 matched macro adapter that originally comes with Vivitar (likely made by cosina) 100mm f/3.5 1:2 macro. If I am not mistaken, the Pentax may have this 100mm f/3.5 macro lens. It is a very valued macro lens in the Pentax community. And I missed my K-x very much. It used to be my traveling lens in New Zealand way back in 2010/2011 timeframe. I was sad to see it going to Pentax service as it died on memory card reader. I later sold it with a cute 4 million knock-off similar bag.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/hinioman/macro_adapter/IMGP0350.jpg

Hin's Photo Corner: Cosina/Pentax/Phoenix/Promaster 1:1 Matched Macro adapter

And I used the above combination for my favorite colors in Green, a bit of pink, blue, and B&W photos

32722249164_27338be70a_b.jpg

20080619-2593351458_d33b0929e5_o-Edit

by Hin Man, on Flickr

33519747760_de3c7e4694_b.jpg

20080620-a50macro_cosina-Edit

by Hin Man, on Flickr

33525088156_bee6fcd45e_b.jpg

Blue

by Hin Man, on Flickr

All these photos are re-edited in Color Efex Pro in Nik Collection trying to enhance with film simulation. There has been couple of occasions that I could have bought a copy of the Vivitar 100mm f/3.5 1:2 macro but I have refrained well in getting another lens. Now I have two copies of the 1:1 macro adapter in 49mm which will work well as diopter like a UV filter for all of my 49mm lens and I have a few 46mm in Sigma Art E-mount series that I can easily use the adapter for the occasional close up that I love shooting without getting into serious macro with lighting, tripod and the immense amount patience challenge with wind, backlit scenes and the lack of articulating screen in Pentax gear that I use with K-x, K20, K5 and now K-3.

Cheers,

Hin

Edited by hinman

I often buy cheap stuff, that is why I get the Vivitar lens, but I don't have the 1:1 adapter that often comes with the lens. My KX is not the K-x, it is only the film camera and I don't use it much anymore, I move on to the K50 mainly for higher ISO and after my *istD died in a flood.

The Kiron close focus in 70mm is about 1:4 and I don't even remember the detail until I check my old blog post on this lens with the version that has 2-touch zoom and the version that I had long time ago carried a 2x multiplier. I remembered I used the lens without any extra add-on filter. It is likely that I made those shots in the 1st post on 70mm and have roughly 1:4 magnification.

Hin's Photo Corner: Vivitar 70-150mm f/3.8 from Kiron with 2x multiplier

In re-editing the photos, I set my export to 86% by mistakes and the uploaded pictures may have a low resolution in 1st post. Both the K-x and K20D that I might have used at the time had lower resolution than the current one in K-3 or similar.

Thanks,

Hin