Which Output Sharpening Routine (PK Sharpener 2)

<p>Hello,<br>

Could anybody please advise which output sharpening routine to select for printing glossy 170gsm brochures on the following devices:<br>

Xerox iGen 4<br>

Xerox 700<br>

The printer's have asked for files at 300dpi but, although I have asked them, I am unsure about which process these machines use. I'm assuming some kind of halftone but am really not sure. Any advice much appreciated.</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

Mark</p>

<p>For those kinds of devices (digital presses), use Halftone. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Really ? People still need to sharpen their work ?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Only those that care about the quality of their output. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Andrew,<br>

Thanks for the response. How would I know which of the sub-selections to make i.e. lpi?<br>

The printers have asked for 300dpi images so that bit's fine. I also assume that brochures will be printed on coated stock, so how does one know which lpi setting to choose? Are the ppi selections in PKS2 the same as dpi?<br>

Thanks in advance,<br>

Mark</p>

<p>Assuming you know 300dpi is what they require, just size the images at that output rez and sharpen using 150lpi (2x quality factor). Or ask them what the linescreen is. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)