Which one is the better University choice for a BA in Photojournalism in the USA?

<p>Hello Everyone,</p>

<p> Photography is my passion! I can see myself doing photography my whole life. What i like most is Portraiture; and what I like most about it is people and environment. I was born in a small town in Honduras but I was raised in the USA. i want my career which not only will make both my countries, family and myself proud but I want to help those that need help with my images. My photojournalism teacher said that in the US there are four Universities that are the best for photojournalism:</p>

<p>Ohio State<br>

Kentucky State<br>

San Francisco State<br>

San Jose State</p>

<p>I am leaning a bit towards SJSU(Still close to home, but rent is a bit cheaper than SF) but before a make a decision, I was wondering if OSU and KSU really are Photojournalism Universities?</p>

<p> I would really appreciate your help!</p>

<p>Alex</p>

<p>The list of schools you have is a bit incomplete. <br>

You should consider the University of Missouri, largely regarded as the best PJ school in the country: http://photojournalism.missouri.edu <br>

Instead of Kentucky State, I think your teacher means the University of Kentucky. Here's a link right to the PJ page: http://wkupj.net/ <br>

You could also consider Columbia University and Indiana University. <br>

Cheers.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> Wow thanks everyone! I really appreciate it! I will check those out! Tom I think it was U.K. I must have have written K.S. by error. Thank you all, I appreciate the help. I live in San Francisco but it is too expensive for me(I am paying my own education) so I am looking for other alternatives. Although for out of state U's I would have to live in that state for a year before my tuition goes down.</p>

• 2 weeks later...