Which HDR program???

<p>I've done the research and still can't decide. I see some advantages/disadvantages to each of these three programs but nothing definitive that would exclude one or the other. I already have CS5 so that would be a $$ advantage, it already works and will get seamlessly updated in the future I'm sure but the controls are not extensive. Please help me route out the deal-breaker between:<br>

Photomatix Pro<br>

NIK HDR Efex Pro<br>

CS5's Merge to HDR Pro </p>

<p>At this moment, I would recommend HDR Express as the quickest and easiest, and probably the best for first-time HDR users. I have started using it when I have several images to do and don't need the power of NIK HDR Efex Pro. Otherwise, I second the vote for Nik, it is more powerful but the interface is just a bit more time-consuming.</p>

<p>May want to consider SNS-HDR pro, it gets rave reviews at HDR-Labs <a href="http://www.hdrlabs.com/news/index.php?id=8523427427292113719">http://www.hdrlabs.com/news/index.php?id=8523427427292113719</a><br>

plus they have added a masking feature now as well.<br>

I still use Photomatix myself, as well as the HDR merge feature in PS CS3, but I still think all of them are just the first step, as none really are the start to finish for an HDR image.</p>

<p>I tried them all before buying, for the images I needed, Photomatix Pro was the clear winner. My needs dictated a realistic looking exposure blend rather than tone mapping though so your milage may vary. Basically there are fans of each program, it really boils down to your images and what you want them to look like.</p>