Which film did you shoot after Kodachrome.

<p>Hi all,<br>

<br>

<br>

Interested to hear from Kodachrome users. Which film did you go over to after Kodachrome processing ended. Did you find a replacement film you liked in the E6 line up,or maybe moved over to color or b&w negative film. A photography friend of mine,decided to go digital after he used up his stock of Kodachrome in the freezer. I tried my best to encourage him to carry on shooting transparency film. Does appear to me Kodachrome had a loyal following among photgraphers,which i didn't quite understand untill talking with him,with one self being relatively new to photgraphy.<br>

</p>

<p>I rarely shot it, and I didn't miss its passing. Back in the 70s, I shot it, and much later, only occasionally, as I liked Ektachrome and Fuji colors. Now I rarely see a need for E-6, since processing is no longer local, and shoot Ektar and Superia when I shoot color film.</p>

<p>At this point I'm pretty loyal to Portra 400 and Portra 160, but have used some Ektar 100.<br>

That said, I was quite happy with some rolls of E100GX (the warm-balance one). Unfortunately it's discontinued, so there's only E100G, which has the same "blue shadows" rendering as Ektar 100.<br>

I do have 50 sheets of 9x12cm E100G I need to use before I can't process it reasonably. (Got them cheap, just expired.)</p>

<p>Now if you are asking for a replacement well I can't offer you one... as there is no such thing as a replacement for it. And even the latter day Kodachrome was nothing like the beginning middle or end. I stopped shooting Kodachrome when they killed the 200. I shot a few rolls in the 2 years before they killed the last Kodachrome.When all they had left was the 64 and to me that was the worst one of the K14 batch.... I shot a few rolls for old times sake.</p>

<p> I shot almost every E6 film made as I had a local e6 lab at the time that charged me $3.00 unmounted.. 4 if I wanted to mount them.. I shot 35mm.120 and 4x5. The thing is I doubt many used it all the time as I had transitioned to a B&W photographer most of the time and the color I did use was mostly C-41 or AGFA CT or RPX II in E6 along with Ektachrome X in 120 and Provia Sensia and Elitechrome. More or less after Agfa whatever I could get my hands on..</p>

<p>i dont think i;ve shot more than a roll or two of slide film since kodachrome's end - it was either provia 100 or fuji velvia. i still have some of provia and velvia50 left, but once they're done, im sad to say i'll be done with slide film. i mean provia100 is nearly double the price it was when i bought my last batch (i think it was 4.5/roll before, and its 8.5 now on freestyle?). i've shot and processed quite a few rolls of traditional BW though - mostly fomapan100 and Arista 400. </p>

<p>Funny I still can get it cheap.. in date and in bulk... It is processing that went up but Sending it out through Wal-Mart still saves me a shit load on it 120 and 35mm. I am never in a hurry these days to get things done. Must be the new times.. relax nothing is going to change that much from what you shot to when you get it back... If I need it now well I use Digital but then I have a Digital with a card that is still not downloaded and it is when I get to it.. Makes the Memory better I think.</p>

<p>Some great responses in the thread. Thank you to everyone for posting thus far.</p>

<p>Kodachrome seem's to have been a transparency film like no other. I kick myself for not getting a few rolls of Kodachrome 64 to try before the end. The round the world posting via Switzerland to Kansas put me off at the time,which i regret now.</p>

<p>Started shooting Kodachrome in the 1950s when its ISO sensitivity was 10. Kept shooting with Kodachrome 25, 64 and 200 until about 2000 when I discovered that I liked landscape color rendition better with Velvia. Now I mostly shoot digital, but still use Velvia for medium format photography and occasionally for 35mm.<br>

My father's Kodachrome slides from the 1930s still have all of their original color -- I wish E6 emulsions had that kind of stability.</p>