Which camcorder

hakhtar

Possibly this question might have come up here before, if so please direct me to it, otherwise:

I would like to move from a simple camcorder to slightly advanced but low price semi-professional camcorder -

possibly tape type (or tape/ digital) - which could be connected to the computer through firewire/ USB - could

have the facility to record the edited video from the computer.

Suggestions, please!

<p>Go to <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com">www.bhphotovideo.com</a> and look at some of the Panasonic and Sony shoulder-mount models that start around $1500. I prefer shoulder-mount myself since it balances better and is easier to handhold than the "handicam" design. Most of the current models record to a card rather than tape and all can connect to a computer for editing. In fact, with a card you just pop the card into a card reader the same as with still photos. With tape models, you can also output the edited video back to tape if you want to have that for a backup. With card models, you can save the finished file to a card, thumb drive, hard drive, disc etc. right on the computer so no need to go back to the camera.</p>