Which Cable Release to buy (and where) for 645 Pro-TL?

gary_clennan

Hi all. I am realizing that I really need to buy a cable release for my camera. Do most of you buy the adapter and

then fit on a standard release cable? Or do you just buy the complete Mamiya brand electromagnetic release

cable? Also - any online sources of supply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

It's a toss up, Jon. The Mamiya cable release adapter is obscenely over-priced, often $20-25 for this postage stamp-sized plastic thingy that plugs into the Super/Pro/Pro-TL bodies. I lucked out and got one for $5 but most go for 3-4 times that. The plug-in release is also pricey, cooler-looking but no more effective than the adapter+cheapo generic cable release.

<p>I have the adaptor and also the WG401 winder which takes a cable release.  the adaptor is a pain in the neck and is easy to lose - thus I almost never use it. If you are prepared to carry the winder it is the best cable release option. note the 402 winder does not accept the cable release.  the winder is $45 plus from KEH but it takes 6 batteries.</p>

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
<p>@<a href="/photodb/user?user_id=6484196">john trippier</a>:<br /> This link at KEH (<a href="https://www.keh.com/292419/mamiya-645-power-drive-n-super">https://www.keh.com/292419/mamiya-645-power-drive-n-super</a>) has a description which indicates that this power drive for the Super may indeed have a cable release socket. However, it is clearly not in the same place as the WG401 (in the center of the shutter button). Since there is only one picture, it may be on a hidden surface.<br /><br />However, after looking around some more, I cannot find independent visual or descriptive confirmation.</p>