Where to service ETRSi?

Tony Evans

<p>You don't mention where you are, but if you're in the States, you might give Professional Camera Repair in Houston Texas a call:</p>

<p>713-621-3627</p>

<p>They do top notch work, they give free estimates, and their prices are reasonable. I don't know if they do mail order, but I don't see why they wouldn't.</p>

• Like 1

<p>Thanks everyone. I'm in B.C. Canada. Will give PCR Houston a call. The problem is the proverbial Film Advance not cocking shutter or advancing film counter and just keeps winding film with a very light click each rotation. Multi-exposure works as it should.<br>

Yes, I have film in it and working battery. Problem could also possibly be not detecting the loaded film, i.e. a bad Film Back.?<br>

Tony</p>

Tony Evans

<p>O.K. Got it. An old thread points to stuck/broken/loose pin at bottom of insert which should reach into the film-back and push another pin into camera-back, but now does not protrude enough. Found an old spare insert and camera works. Cheers, new insert/back $50-$70 at KEH.<br>

Thanks again to all.<br>

Tony</p>

Tony Evans

Hi,

Officially Jimmy Koh no longer does repairs. If it is a simple repair that he has parts for you might be able to have him

do it. Call him and ask. He is only open Tues-Thurs.

Many repair shops won't touch Bronica, others will rip you off. I spent $400 to have my EC-TL's meter fixed, I should of

bought another body instead. It's very likely that your repair will cost at least $110. Consider buying another body.

Regards,

Rick

Hi,

This might be a duplicate post...my previous one never showed up.

First...test your camera with another back. Rule that possibility out.

Jimmy Koh officially does not do repairs , it depend on the nature of the problem and if he has the parts. Call him and

ask.

I recently had to use someone else because he did not have the parts. Many places don't want to work on Bronica's (at

least the places I called). I got ripped off by an outfit in Georgia ($400), I should of bought another body. From your

description, if it is not the back it will cost you at least $110. Consider buying another body.

Rick