Where to send a Voigtlander Vitessa for a CLA?

Hello, Nicolas -

From personal experience, having used his services seven times for restorations, major repairs or normal CLA's, I can very confidently recommend Mr. Ross Yerkes. He is based in Los Angeles, has performed perfect work for me as well as friends. Very honest and capable, fair pricing, fast turnarounds. No one that I know personally has been disappointed by his service, and some of the jobs were performed to restore cameras that were in very poor mechanical condition prior to acquiring. Work done for me has been mostly Rollei TLR's, Retina IIa, Zeiss Ikon, etc, all older items.

The Retina IIa was the worst in my collection, at the time I got it. Metal work was excellent, but inoperative rangefinder focus mechanism, internal lens fungus, shutter way off, focus control stiff. Plenty of corroded Zeiss bumps under leather. I told Ross, if it's too difficult don't attempt to repair. Came back in less than a week, perfect in all regards. Since then the Retina has seen LOT'S of use, has been completely reliable and trouble free for over four years. Cost was US $135, including return shipping. Prices may have come up a bit since then, but VERY WELL worth it.

His address: 342 Kirby

Los Angeles, Ca. 90042

Phone: 323 256 1018

Another that I've heard excellent results about: Photography on Bald Mountain, also in California, I have never used their services, but have no doubt they too are very qualified. Likely a much longer turn around, I'm unfamiliar with their pricing.

I wish you good luck with servicing your Vitessa, when functioning well they are a wonderful camera.

Patrick