Where to Purchase a darkslide?

djolk

<p>I've lost my darkslide. I can't find it anywhere. I mean besides the one that is in my second back. I am looking to purchase one somewhere, anywhere? My issue is shipping cost. I would be happy to buy one from Keh, or anywhere, except that I live in Northern Canada and it would cost about 60 dollars to ship. 60 dollars to ship a piece of tin that costs 19 dollars? Any suggestions for Canadian retailers? Or international retailers with reasonable shipping rates. I mean, I can buy film in Hong Kong and have it shipped for 7 dollars...</p>

<p>You might try contacting camera retailers with used departments. <br /> Dark slides and other small items may not be included on their web pages, yet they may have them available.</p>

<p>As mentioned, have the item shipped via mail/post, as a padded envelope, not by parcel shippers such as UPS, DHL, or FedX. <br /> National Postal systems do not usually add excessive rates to reach into remote, or interior ares of countries like the parcel shippers do.</p>

<p>http://www.henrys.com/Categories/134-Medium-Format.aspx<br /> Also, inquire with or keep checking Pacific Rim Camera: click, Catalog - MF/SLR - Bronica<br /> http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/<br /> Then, of course, there is always the *Bay: under, Advanced Search - Bronica Dark Slide<br /> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Bronica+dark+slide&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_okw=Bronica+dark+slide&_oexkw=&_adv=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=Zip+code&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50</p>

<p>SQ series, with the older style (I forget the lettering) 120 back.</p>

<p>You are correct, Canada Post does not charge unduly for regular mail coming into Whitehorse, however, I am not sure that they handle international mail - anything shipped outside of Canada would have to go through a parcel company. Though I don't know for sure.<br>

Thanks guys.</p>

<p>Daniel,<br /> Canada Post is a member of the International Postal Convention (IPC). This means that letters up to 2000g/4.4lbs (IIRC), will be delivered inside Canada, remote or not, at common rates charged by, and from, the senders country, as long as the senders country is also a signature member of/to the IPC.</p>

<p>I assure you that the USA, Canada, all of the EU Counties, and about 99% of the rest of the counties on our little blue marble...are signatures to IPC rules.</p>

<p>Parcel shippers follow rules of their own. That is why I gave the advice to inform those you purchase from, to ship via their common National Postal system, and not by private parcel services.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks Marc, I really wasn't sure at all regarding Canada Post and International Shipping. I hope that was clear in my earlier comment. Based on what I just learned from you, I guess the issue (issue in this case being shipping cost) is with what parcel companies choose to charge to send packages to Whitehorse. And its an excellent suggestion to contact shippers directly thank you.<br>

We definitely have regular mail and all kinds of other amenities - electricity, plowed roads, movie theaters, at least 4 grocery stores... regular big city. But its quite small. Laughably small really, 30 000 people.</p>

<p>... Wha ! ... no bars ... good grief :o)<br>

Years ago, I had occasion to send aluminum strips (4inches X 2inches X 1/4inch) for analysis to a company in Quebec from here in NJ-USA. I used UPS. Had to fill out customs declaration forms, needed multiple cover sheets/invoices, paid a huge delivery charge and stuff sat in customs often for 10 days or more. I eventually put my samples in an envelope and they got from NJ to Quebec in 3 days for the cost of a few stamps.</p>

<p>Jim</p>