Where to get tripod ring for 70-200 2.8 non-IS?

f_k2

I actually have an extra in a box with other misc parts. Looks like a lot for sale on e-bay in the $75-$90+ shipping range. But you're right- I just looked and they all appear to be for f4. I'll consider selling you mine (used) if interested (only if you're in the US please). If so e-mail me what you think is a fair price.

The ring you need is the Type B (puzzle) ring, rather than the Type A (handcuff) ring which is the one that fits the 70~200/4. The Type B ring in white is supplied with a number of lenses including the 70~200/2.8 (both non-IS and IS), the 100~400/4.5~5.6, and the 300/4IS, but may not be labelled as Type B because it is an original part. A black version is supplied with the MP-E 65, and is available for purchase separately, but together with the spacer ring, for use with the 100/2.8USM. The design of the tripod foot varies slightly, with some versions giving a bit more clearance for a battery pack, but the basic lens fiting is the same. So you can buy a black one off the shelf, but may need to order a white one as a spare part.