Where to buy pro film in Bellingham, WA

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by matt_o'toole, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Does anyone know of a good place to buy *pro* film in Bellingham,
    WA? I'll need some Supra 400, Superia-Reala 100, and NPZ. Close to
    the marina is good. Cheap is best.

2. In Bellingham, forget it. Mail order or shoot up to Vancouver BC.

3. Sorry 'bout the test. Earlier today I tried to post numerous times and kept getting an invalid html tag message, or some other crap I dont comprehend and was not guilty of.

Anyway. You used to (or I used to) be able to get a very small selection of LF film at Photo Service Center on Railroad (I think its RR, havent lived there a few years). But I usually drove to Warshal's in Seattle.

Ah, Bellingham. It was such a beautiful place to be before 50,000 new Bellinghamsters moved in. I hear 50,000 more are expected soon! People who dont know think its good now, but they dont know what they missed. I do, and I miss it. But its gone forever. Just last fall I was stuck in traffic there for 1/2 hour! Unheard of just a few years earlier. This is rampant growth, "progress" at its finest. Sorry, but I never miss a chance to bitch about what happened to my former home.

4. I've bought NPH and Delta 3200 from Quicksilver (on Commercial, I think,
    check the book) in Bellingham a couple times. They have smallish fridge.
    Strangely, they seem to have more 120 film then 35mm. Their prices seemed
    decent -- only $5 for NPH.

5. I called Quicksilver (306-676-2725), and they say they have just about everything in stock. I guess I'll see when I get there! Thanks for the tip. BTW, their address is 207 E. Chestnut St.

6. Though you already have your answer...I live near you, and was having the same problem...I ended up going through B and H for Portra and the likes, but now that you mentioned the place in Bham..I'll have to give them a call.... thanks:)

7. I know you probably don't want to go down to Seattle, but its close enough and you can go to Glazers there - for what you'll pay in shipping from a mail order joint like B&H you can get your film at glazers, pay your sales tax and support the great state of Washington rather than lining the pockets of those east coast fellas! Just joking, but really - the cost difference is negligible if you buy in state and pay sales tax.