Where is your POTW?

Sanford

I sold all my Leica equipment M2 M3 M6 and R4 cameras and lenses in 2013. It hurt me to do it but i wasn't able to focus the M6 as well as I should have been. The proceeds contributed to my wife's new at the time Volvo XC70. The little Sony a6000 is the closest that I come to a Leica anymore. I still occasionally go into the Leica Gallery in San Francisco and look longingly at the Leica stuff but that time has passed. I bought my first Leica, an M3 from guy I knew named Pablo, at Brooks Camera on Kearny Street in Sn Francisco in 1967. I travelled driving a VW Bug all through Mexico as far as Zamora in Michoacan, and flew to Merida and Mexico City in the early 70's taking pictures with the Leica all the way. Edited by wgpinc
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Man I'd like to get out. But even without the pandemic it's pretty hot for a senior citizen in Georgia in the summer. Just bought a new 90mm though, so I'm hoping Fall might provide more opportunities. I'm afraid it will be spring though before we have a vaccine. I know some of you are better about shooting in your house or on your property. More power to you.
  • Like 1

it's pretty hot for a senior citizen

I know what you mean, if it gets much over 60° I have a real problem with the mask. I can avoid crowds most of the time but tourist are starting to pour in on the weekends and beach rules are being largely ignored.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I went out to my local State Park last Saturday. I go to this park (or did before the Pandemic) a fair bit because it's the closest park I have. I've NEVER seen it that crowded and almost no-one was wearing a mask. I just didn't feel comfortable. It was really really hard to stay away from people. I used my most comfortable mask (basically a sports mask) and even so I was nervous the whole time. There was never a time I felt I could remove the mask.

L1003233.thumb.jpg.a2b2c4911b749224a73e167de46a0c11.jpg

• Like 1

What police officer wants to be assigned to "No Mask Arrest Duty"? The best place for an early morning walk in my area is the local cemetery. It also provides doggie poop pick up bags. People have been walking without masks until someone comes in sight, then it goes on until the other person has cleared social distancing. A dog's leash is just about the minimum length for SD.
  • Like 1