Where is best place to buy Canon 5D Mark II ?

<p>I finally got my money together to purchase a Canon 5d Mark II. I've been wanting this upgraded Canon 5D for over a year. Just purchased it online at RitzCamera for $2699.00 but they said they want have any for 2-3 weeks plus 2-7 days for shipping. I saw it for $2399.00 at Abes of Maine and they have them in stock now. However, I have seen bad reviews on Abes.<br>

Amazon is too expensive, B&H and CDW don't have any in stock either. I though by waiting for a while after the release date the price would go down a little and it would be readily available by now? What gives? Are there still problems with this camera I though the new firware had fixed everything.<br>

Does anyone know where I can walk into a store and buy this camera otherwise who has it online (in-stock)?<br>

Thanks<br>

Desperate for my new toy :-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Are there still problems with this camera I though the new firware had fixed everything.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The problem is the demand is greater than the supply so dealers can't keep it in stock very long. New FW can't fix supply problems, or so they say! However, lots of other dealers have it in stock. You just have to shop around. I've seen it in stores locally and the price doesn't vary much from online. Lots of online dealers have them in stock, just google for 5 seconds and you're in like flint:<br /> http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2722<br /> Plus Badger is one of the good guys. But then it could be out of stock in mere seconds, so hurry...</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Right now, the answer is to get it where you can find it. although it seems to be loosening up a little. That's one reason there aren't very significant discounts on it either.</p>

<p>Always check the performance of any vendor at Resellerratings.com.</p>

<p>If you are in military or retired military or have a dad or mom who is,</p>

<p>then $2,166.65 delivered is best legit price I've seen for USA model 5D Mark II:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/750031/0">http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/750031/0</a></p>

<p>For a couple days last week Bestbuy website had them for $2499 once you added it to your shopping cart. Then with additional 10% coupon available in postoffice moving kits that dropped the price to $2,249 plus your state's fees & you pick up at store in your neighborhood.</p>

<p>I'd guess we're not far off from the big internet camerastore giants having a price competetion on 5D Mark II as it was announced what, like 10 months ago now?</p>

<p>If 5DII had an articulated viewscreen I'd pay admission price. It's almost always instock now at B&H. Well more often than not. Look 3 times a day and you'll see what I've noticed there. Almost everyday its instock for a little while. Since it doesn't have articulated screen I'll wait for 5DMarkIII to see if Canon adds this feature for video ergonomics.</p>

<p>I am sitting on a pair of 5D so I've got time to be picky.</p>

<p>KEH, B&H, or Adorama. Amazon in a pinch. I wouldn't buy new camera stuff any other place. KEH is my first choice since I have bought so much great used stuff from them that I find it worth supporting them keeping their door open. I have never bough camera stuff at Best Buy, but they screwed me so much with computer gear that they wouldn't see another penny from me even if they were the last store on the planet. Jusy my 2c.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>If 5DII had an articulated viewscreen I'd pay admission price. </p>

</blockquote>

<p>I broke the articulated LCD off a Canon Powershot a few years back (tripod mishap). It's an accident waiting to happen. Of course I had no choice but to use LV on the Powershot. With my 50D and 40D I rarely touch LV. So if the 5D 3X had an articulated LCD, I'd wait probably wait it out. Gives me the creeps. However, I'd like some of the features of the original EOS 5: ECF and shiftable DEP mode.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

I buy ALL of my gear from Woodland Hills Camera. The guys there are sharp and the person I work with is Scott. The store is located in California. Scott matches or comes real close to matching the big NYC stores. http://www.whcamera.com/

By the way Ritz has filed for bankruptcy, not sure if the store will make it. http://www.whcamera.com/canon-eos5ddigitalslrcamerabody128megapixel-1.aspx

<p>Hello<br>

Thanks, A. Flick<br>

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.nowinstock.net/digitalcameras/canon5dmarkii/" target="_blank">http://www.nowinstock.net/digitalcameras/canon5dmarkii/</a> <br>

I canceled my order at RitzCamer as they won't have camera for 2 -3 weeks. Once I get the money back in my account I will purchase from Adorama Camera who has it in stock at the same price + no shipping and no tax.<br>

Bestbuy charges for both which adds a combined total of $281.00 just enough savings for me to get the battery grip :-)<br>

Can't believe this camera is so hard to obtain after being releases for so long now.</p>

<p>I purchased mine from Allens Camera / Levittown PA - price was the same as B&H Photo, lightening fasrt shipping and great service. I now purchase all of my photo products from them. 1-888-547-2841. Also when I needed an extra Canon 5D Mark II battery and no one had them including B&H and Adorama - Allens did and that did not jack up the price due to supply & demand.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I've seen it in stores locally and the price doesn't vary much from online.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It is the same at the local shops in my area, they are very close to the pricing of the Internet guys, plus you don't have to pay shipping or wait for it to arrive. And its not such a bad thing to hold the camera, look through the view finder, get some help learning the new menus, etc. All things you can't do when buying online.</p>

<p>Whow! didn't know Ritzcamera had filed for Bankruptcy. There service in the stores is pretty good, there online support is terrible. I suggested would leave my order with them if he could give me an accurate delivery date. The guy got irritated with me asking and suggested I buy the camera somewhere else. I even asked him to check inventory at all stores in the bay area offering that I would drive up to 100 miles to get the camera. He swore non of the stores anywhere in the Bay Area ever had one on the shelves only speacial order. He then tried to sell me an original 5D for $2100. I am through with RitzCamera.<br>

For those who already own the new 5D mark II. Is it really worth all this effort? Have you or your customers noticed an improvement in your work since upgrading to this camera?</p>

<p>If you can find it on-line buy it. However, I would think you would have better luck just having your local camera store order it. They will get it just as fast as the on-line vendors, maybe even faster.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I purchased mine from Allens Camera / Levittown PA - price was the same as B&H Photo, lightening fasrt shipping and great service. I now purchase all of my photo products from them. 1-888-547-2841. Also when I needed an extra Canon 5D Mark II battery and no one had them including B&H and Adorama - Allens did and that did not jack up the price due to supply & demand.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Swede. You are so right. I have been buying from Allens Camera, since i found out they have cameras/lenses/batterys/etc, that are OOS in NYC. Customer service is great. Prices are not jacked up. I feel like a kid in a candy store when I go there. They have 'toys' that I never knew existed. Nick</p>

<p>PC Nation has it in stock $2699.00. I've had great luck with them. They'll usually sharpen their pencil a bit if you call rather than place an online order. Three day shipping is free. I've never had a surprise with them. I've purchased almost all my Canon equipment from them over the years. Everything is Canon USA warranty.</p>

<p>http://pcnation.com/web/filtersearch.asp?searchtype=RNeW&list=DIGC&url=Digital%20Cameras&showall=9w3d7p&attributevalue=Brand+Name&displayvalue=Canon</p>

<p>PC Nation has it in stock $2699.00. I've had great luck with them. They'll usually sharpen their pencil a bit if you call rather than place an online order. Three day shipping is free. I've never had a surprise with them. I've purchased almost all my Canon equipment from them over the years. Everything is Canon USA warranty.</p>

<p>http://pcnation.com/web/filtersearch.asp?searchtype=RNeW&list=DIGC&url=Digital%20Cameras&showall=9w3d7p&attributevalue=Brand+Name&displayvalue=Canon</p>

<p>Hello Bob<br>

What? Abes of Maine, is the only place I saw that had a good discount on this camera at $2399.00. This is where I originally wanted to order, but everyone told me I would be a fool to order from them that they are a bait a switch company with nothing but problems.<br>

Are you saying you never had bad experience with them? What did you purchase?<br>

Thanks</p>