Camera Contest</a> Thanks to all who entered. Gene will figure how

to send out the prizes. The next contest I was thinking of is I turn

50 in June it's the half way point and it's a big deal. I had wanted

to use a camera from your year of birth but that put some youngsters

out. So how about any camera made in the 50's more to follow when I

get it all together. Check out <a

href="http://davidrichert.com/us_camera_june_1955.htm">Us Camera

1955</a><div>00BaQm-22483184.jpg.07a5c82e684df0aae1ba2b3d35901d4e.jpg</div>

Great job guys! Can't believe I still forgot to vote!!

I'm one of the youngsters ('78) that would be put out by the camera from year of birth thing; but if that's what you want to do for a contest then I say go for it. I'm a big boy and I can handle watching from the sidelines.

If the rules were expanded to include a camera that was offered your year of birth (not necessarily made your birth year though) most of us youngters probably could come up with a classic camera to use. I'd think that would draw a little more paricipation too since most people wouldn't be able to find out the actual manufacture date of their cameras.

Alan

Plenty cool. No one lost an eye and it was still fun.

Mihai should be applauded for vote counting. I am sure when he saw the totals come up in his favor, he started to sweat a bit, but he shouldn't worry. There is bit more trust in voting here than in Dade County. Or Ukraine. Or Kazakhstan. Kyrgysstan. Not necessarily in that order.

Congratulations Mihai and Miha, also to Andrea & Dean for your HM's.

There were some excellent photos entered in this contest and it was really hard to narrow them down to four. I wanted to give about ten HM's! However both 1st & 2nd placegetters were in my final choice of four - lovely photos and a well-deserved win(s). Now I look forward to seeing some photos taken with the prize cameras! :-)

Good suggestion for the next contest David, I'm getting my cameras ready now... :-)

Janice M. (NZ)

Indeed, what a thrill. Jorn is right, I sweat a bit when counting but I was determined to make the count transparent so that we can all share the fun. For the contest I just scanned the negative but I will make a print, I'm sure I can make it look better on print than on the screen. You bet I will take pictures with the prize-camera and share with you here. My sincere congratulations to Miha, Andrea and Dean, beautiful pictures. Cheers

A great photo contest with great winners. I am amazed how good all the photos were,everyone from the creator of the contest,to all who entered and helped judge should be proud.I guess we live in pretty cool places and have pretty cool cameras to record them.

Thanks again to Gene for the idea and prize for the contest. David and Mihai, thank you both for the time you put into this.

I really had a hard time choosing between so many high caliber photos. Well done to all! This was a fun contest, and I enjoyed checking in on David's web page often to see what was new.

Mihai, I appearently don't have the software to open this spread sheet. Is there any other way I can see the voting results? Thanks.

Dean

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to David and Mihai for their work and to Gene for offering the prizes. Thanks also to all for making this a fun thing. Let's do this again!

P.S.: Is there a special prize for those who got no votes at all? For example a trip by foot to Lourdes or something?

Dean,

the only alternative that comes to mind is to fax you the results. I'm in the office and even an international call won't hurt the budget. let me know what you think and if you agree send me a fax number by e-mail where you can receive 2 pieces of paper. thanks