1st place,

2nd place,

Honorable mention,

Honorable mention,

Non-contestants please feel free to vote as well. We hope to get the

bug to you as soon as possible. Voting will end March 22nd. I will

tally the votes and results will be posted by David on the contest

website. good luck and have fun

Why should non-contestants be able to vote? So this contests becomes another "who-has-more-email-accounts-or-friends" votefest. In my humble opinion the presentation (including the terrible image compression) is so poor that it is not easy to choose a great photo, because most look pretty awful.

First I am no web Geek, nor digital file compression expert nor a translator. I put Bueh B's Pictures in just as he sent them to me if you click on the Thumb Nail it will go to the larger picture. I started to tear into his pics after reading this but I "bit my tongue", no detail in the black, washed out whites in the snow and all the lint on your color scan were you laying on it just before scanning. IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER STAND UP AND HOST THE NEXT CONTEST!!!!!! And all this from a non paying patron.

You can't expect everyone to understand the spirit of this "contest." It was designed to be lighthearted and fun. We all need reasons to use our cameras. This was simply meant to be another reason.<p>

I think Dave did a first class job as I'm sure 99% of the rest of us do. Maybe I'll come up with a sourpuss award too.

There was some sort of a problem with my pictures, probably miscommunication between mail clients (I'm a Thunderbird user), and David got BMPs instead of web ready jpgs.

I sent him another set of pictures and he immediately replaced the old small BMPs with proper sized jpgs (same size as photo.net forum limit). I can only say he's a great host and thank him!

Best regards,

Miha

Lighten up, Richard, no offense intended. You could have asked if you needed help with anything, I sure I am not the only person who would have offered to help. But you seemed so sure with the webpage already in place that I bit my tongue and didn't suggest some possible improvements for the site/guidelines.<P>

I don't expect to win (as if that's the issue) because, I told you that in my email, my pics look pretty bad due to my crappy scanner, I wanted to participate and show my support (some nice, non-controversial pictures). I don't need a reason to use my cameras, I do this almost every day.<p>I think showing photos from our classical cameras is a great idea. I just had hoped the presentation would have been more comparable, so that it be possible to see the specific look that each vintage camera gives to its pictures.<p>

I already thought about hosting a similar project for the community. But if just showing pictures is the whole point, it would be easier to have more W/NW (words/no words) threads here.

I thought that the "Where I Live" contest and the process of submission and

posting was all handled very well. I don't do much photo posting so I

especially appreciated the host's guidelines and prompt confirmation. A big

"thank you" to the host and the planners . I hope that there'll be another

opportunity like this one for classic users to post pictures.

I am surprised at the quality of the photos. This is a FUN contest, not something to take so seriously. I did not get my photos in on time because of my schedule, but I appreciate the effort that went into it. Thanks to all involved. I do think we should do another one in the future. Just keep it fun.

Mike

I think everyone who put in their time and talent to make the contest happen deserves a hearty thank you from all. I think the photos are great. This wasn't supposed to be "POW" competition, was it? Anyone who feels offended because they don't think their photo was displayed properly, let me know. I'll be glad to send you a crappy camera if it would make you feel better.