Where do you Buy Your Diana's and Holga's ?

<p>Hi Jon,</p>

<p>I got mine from Fred Aldous in the UK - quick delivery!</p>

<p>I'm actually selling my full Diana Deluxe kit for £100 GBP - it's in minty condition, apart from the flash is failing at the moment - should be able to pick one up cheaply by emailing lomo direct.</p>

<p>Let me know on j_meager [at] hotmail.co.uk if you're keen.<br>

Ta!</p>

<p>BTW, for much less money than the Holgas, Dianas, etc., you can buy a nice 120-film plastic or folding camera from the 30s to the 60s and have all the "effects" (aka, "defects") that you get with the newer, over-priced cheap cameras.</p>

<p>Look at Gene M's own pictures (as opposed to his fascinating 'found film') and you will see what I mean (<a href="http://www.westfordcomp.com/holga/index.html">link</a>)</p>

<p>Dianas and Holgas are way overpriced now. I'm sure you know but back when they were still relatively little known they could be had for a few dollars. Now in Japan at least, they sell for $80 or so. Crazy...<br>

Also the newer 120N Holgas are too "good". I have 2 120Ss and my wife has a 120N. Comparing the 2 my wife's is less funky by a good margin. Try and hunt for a 120S on the bay.</p>

<p>I bought my one and only Holga from www.holgamods.com</p>

<p>Some purists might protest the extra features, but for me I like having the choice between f/8 and f/11 and bulb mode, and the closer focusing. I've had this camera for years now, and I keep getting great shots from it. Holgas are just plain fun and the images are just so poetic. I still use it frequently despite acquiring a Hasselblad. </p>

<p>Cody</p>

<p>jeez....the price really did get outrageous. I bought my Holga N back when it was like $12....now freestyle wants $28 for the same thing. And by the way...I put about 10 rolls of film thru it and ain't used it since. To be able to walk around and get shots anywhere in any light, you really gotta carry 3 of them around with you, 1 loaded with 400iso, one pushed to 1600 and one pushed to 6400.....at least the way I usually go out and shoot for a day.</p>