Where do I start?

I just aquired two old Brownies. The first is a No.2-A Folding

Autographic and the other is a Senior Six-20. They don't look to be

in bad condition. The bellows are a little brittle, but intact.

I've been shooting 35mm & digital for a while but found this the

perfect opportunity to try medium format.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to clean these cameras up

and learn to operate them. I can't wait to see if they work, but I

don't want to rush and do anything wrong.

Aaron,

As you probably already know, your 2A autographic uses 116 film. The only vendor I know who can provide that is Film for Classics (www.filmforclassics.com). It is not a stock item, they will custom cut and spool it for you for around $30 not including processing and printing. You will probably have much better luck and save money using the 620. 620 film is just 120 film on a different size spool. You have two options, you can buy the 620 from B & H Photo (I'll send you the link if you want, they have a super long web address) or buy 120 film at your local camera shop and re-spool it on to 620 spools that you can buy on ebay. The re-spooling process is pretty simple and it is described in detail on Chuck Bakers web page. If you didn't get to this forum via Chuck's site, The Brownie Camera Page, then I suggest you take a look at that site at your earliest convenience. If you do a yahoo search for Brownie cameras it will probably be the first or second link in the search results. Good luck and don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything else.

John