Where could I have my slides and BW film safely processed in Mexico City

slecoanet

Hi,

I am currently traveling in mexico and would like to have my slides

and films processed in Mexico city.

Do you know a lab I could trust for that kind of work.

I once asked the same question for NY and was very pleased with the

answers (I went to Dugall, it s just great) but it may not be that

simple in Mexico city.

Thank you in advance for any tip about this subject

Stephane

As a long-time resident of Mexico, I would not trust any lab there to process my slides. They

may come out fine but they may be run in the wrong chemicals, badly scratched, lost or

otherwise butchered. In Monterrey, far more technologically savvy than the capital, I had

prints returned to me stained with food. I had slide film processed in the wrong chemicals in

the capital. For lack of other options, I always worked with local labs. I was never even close

to being satisfied, and seriously angry more than once. Process when you get home and save

yourself a lot of heartache.

If you need absolutely the best and you are ready to pay the price go to Laboratorio Mexicano de Imagenes, 2001Carlos B. Zetina 34, Col.Hipodromo Condesa. Mexico City,Phone: 5515 5540 http://www.lmi.com.mx/

Thi is profesional lab as good as you can found anywhere in the world.

If you want the best bang for the buck go to

Camera #1

There is one in Colonia Condesa and another near Coyoacan

Hi Stephane!

For B&W processing, I sugest you LMI, Laboratorio Mexicano de la Imagen, It is a pro lab, very good service. They also will do a very fine job in color slides.

I will never ask Camera # for a B&W procesing. They charge almost the same than LMI, but some friends find LMI to be more comprensive and profesional for B&W procesing.

If you want a cheap option email me I know a school that can let you do your own procesing for a small fee. (Mo, Wed and Fri) are the best days (few students at the lab)

Greeatings