Where can I find a Bronica RF645?

jack_lam1

In the past week I have been looking for a Bronica RF645 body, new or used. But

there has been no luck so far.

Keh only has lenses for RF645. Even a search on ebay for "Bronica RF645" has no

result at all, as if this supposedly excellent camera has already been forgotten

by the world.

That also worries me that getting accessories and service for this camera will

be difficult in the future.

Any idea?

JAck,

I was happy to trade mine for a Bronica ETRSI - now much cheaper than the newer Range Finder. You probably are up to speed already on the limitations of the two lens system that actually fits (65mm and 45mm), and then the 135mm lens that no longer fits, and the 100mm lens that only works with newer models with the right finder frame lines.

If I sound frustrated, it's becasue it's a great camera, but the lenses lacked flexibility. Wide overall, with a large minimum focus, prohibiting any chance of filling frames without having to enlarge negatives to some degree. All of the RF distractions are surmountable, but when I saw the other sytems now available as PORS dump their gear for digital - I'm much happier with the ETRSi. Same camera bag for either camera.

Good luck

I carry my RF645 and 3 lenses (45mm, 65mm, and 100mm) in a small Timbuk2 messenger bag. It's small and light enough to keep on my shoulder all day. Yes, you get the usual rangefinder limitations (and benefits): limited lens choices, doesn't focus really close, almost silent operation, and superb lenses. Sorry, but I won't be selling mine anytime soon.

Perhaps less fortunate than Robert, I have a 3 lens RF system that includes the 135. At some point I need to test to see what margin of focusing error exists. I passed up a number of chances to buy a 100mm and now regret it.

It's a lovely camera, but from a user's rather than a collectors point of view I'd strongly recommend a Mamiya 7. Slightly more expensive, superb camera, wide range of lenses, all readily available. Oh, and did I say "wide range of lenses, all readily available"?

Stephan

I thought I saw a few advertised right here in the Classifieds Non-SLR MF section. Have you checked it yet? Otherwise KEH is the way to go. At least you'll have a return policy and their stuff is very resonable and bargain is generally in great shape, mostly cosmetic.
The more you say, the less people listen.

I have a RF645 in near mint condition with the hoods, boxes and instruction booklet. What keeps the camera from mint is the few light fingernail marks on the back of the camera. The camera has the 100mm frame line and kit includes the rare 100mm lens. You can check out my posts on the camera. Yes, the lens spread is limited, but each lens is fantastic and keeps the kit small. Also, the 100mm is more important than most people think. The OOF rendering for all the lenses is Leica like with the close focus 100mm being exceptional. The kit is available for $1800.00

• 2 months later...