Where are the testimonials ??

anna_t

Hello

I love viewing this site for inspiration, so many great photographers on this site, so much talent!

I've noticed that the site has changed, there used to be testimonials attached to each photographer at the end of their profile's page, but I no longer can locate it. I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

• Like 1

Anna, while the photographers and talent on the site are to be appreciated, as you note, unfortunately the site has changed and in many ways devolved, so that many qulaity features like the one you mention and much good functioning have disappeared. Those comments on our portfolios were wonderful and are now nowhere to be found anymore. It's a shame. I'm not sure if this is one of the many things we’ve been promised would return and hasn't yet or if, like so many things that used to be great about PN, it's just gone with the wind forever. In any case, you can always let a photographer know you appreciate his or her work by offering a critique on a specific photo or contacting them directly via the Private Conversation mechanism. Best of luck!
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

We have the portfolio comments in our database and our design team has on their list to add those back in - they're not gone - just on holiday! Apologies they keep getting bumped down the list. I've bumped them back to the top. As you can imagine updating a site that grew in terms of design and functionality over the course of 20 years there were a lot of pieces and this one didn't make the re-launch. But we do have the data and will add it back to the portfolio page.

@paul in terms of seeing equipment used, it is there under settings in the right hand nav in the photo detail under modern view (see below). You do need to click on it (expand it). In terms of looking at photos based on ratings you can do so by searching - here

Search our Community | Photo.net

Ratings has long been a debated thing on photo.net, without going through that again - ratings is now in the form of admires. The 1-5 star rating is currently no longer on the site. While there was a contingent that liked that functionality, there was a larger continent that did not like that functionality as it was often being gamed. There is discussion of bring it back in a different form - possibly in the forums, but those that were interested in getting their photos rated would have to opt into it and mechanisms would need to be in place for it not be be gamed and or manipulated.

In terms of finding photos most recently uploaded by favorite photos/Photographers/galleries can also be viewed easily enough by clicking on your main menu. and found here when logged in: Photo.net - Where Photographers Inspire Each Other (see below for screenshot)427607991_ScreenShot2018-01-30at10_16_38AM.thumb.png.241b0535f3fae6910dbbbed657d818c7.png

Many of the features from the old site are here however it does take some getting used to.93054377_ScreenShot2018-01-30at9_57_34AM.thumb.png.7c492e0d20ca45ddd7c205ab0461d3cc.png I've also been accused of being glass a half full kind of guy. I'd prefer to say we're evolving and that doesn't happen overnight ... it has taken longer than we want.

93054377_ScreenShot2018-01-30at9_57_34AM.thumb.png.7c492e0d20ca45ddd7c205ab0461d3cc.png

• 2 weeks later...
Bringing back past portfolio comments would be a huge plus for many users, I think. We all appreciate honest input and recognition from others and it's a damn shame this feature disappeared. Members, let's rally behind this promise and make sure it happens! I very reluctantly renewed my subscription for 2018, but only to give this redone site a chance and see how things go.