When will there soon be an upgrade for the 7Hi?

Troll

I hereby create the following rumor: good sources (read: me) informed me (read: I didn't sleep well and was dreaming about it) that there soon (read: sometime between now and in two years) there will be an upgrade called the 7Higher with 10 megapixels (read: OK, I just made that up).

I'd like to see them upgrade it to a body that could accept Maxxum based lenses. :-)

Actually, I'd probably jump at the chance to buy it if they added a true viewfinder and better battery life. As far as megapixels go, I'm fine with 5mp's.

Thang,<br>

There was a digital camera a few years ago from Minolta that could take Maxxum lenses--I can't remember the name, though. I think it was only around 3 megapixels, but if you're drooling for a Maxxum-based DSLR, it pops up on E-bay from time to time.

I have a Maxxum 7 (great camera !) and was waiting for Minolta to come up with a SLR digital so I could use my lenses. However nothing seems to happen. So I decided to not wait any longer and bought the Canon 10d. Great camera ( and new lenses of course....)!! I don`t understand Minolta at all bearing in mind the success of the digital SLR`s from Canon and Nikon.

• 3 months later...
Saw about the A1 last week. Was all set to buy the first one available, when Sony announced their DSC828 with EIGHT MEGAPIXELS. Surely, Mnolta will hold off on the A1 until they can match that. Nobody's gonna want to buy a 5 meg camera for the same prices. Damn, it's always something!

• 4 months later...
Well, after hands-on comparison between the Sony F828 and a Minolta A1, I found it quite easy to pick the A1. I'll admit I was excited by the F828 and held off buying until it was available. But megapixel-count isn't everything, and for my purposes, the A1 is the better camera.

• 7 months later...