What's your favourite 50/2.8 LTM lens?

There's not too much information out there, as far as I can tell. I notice that there are a lot of 50mm f/2.8 LTM lenses out there by Fuji, Canon, Yashica and Minolta. There is of course the Leica 50 Elmar, too.

So, out of those lenses, which is the best performer? I am more interested in consistency across the frame, even if it means less centre resolution. Low distortion, low CA are also desirable.

Had a few hours with a modern Voigtlander (VC) 50/2.5 LTM that had a modern look with good correction but not overcorrected. I would get one if I didn’t already own an Elmar 50/3.5 LTM and an Elmar-M 50/2.8 + too many other 50s in general.

Too lazy to check, but if Leica have made the Elmar-M 50 in LTM I think that would be the ultimate LTM collapsible 50mm. But as said, I don’t even know if it exists.

Edited by NHSN
Niels

I actually, no kidding, do like my Industar 5cm f/2.8

[ATTACH=full]1385268[/ATTACH]

JDM they are brilliant, if you get a good one. I have a zorki 5 (I think they were on to a marketing scheme there - '5', it makes it appear that it's a better version of the versions that didn't exist - much like the 'sputnik 5' vaccine). It has a good lens. Must use it. Keep safe, Arthur (apiarist1)

a zorki 5 (I think they were on to a marketing scheme there - '5', it makes it appear that it's a better version of the versions that didn't exist -

They most certainly did exist, with the Zorki 3 and 4 series being generally considered the best of the breed (4k probably the best user, but the 3m is prettier).

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Canon 50/2.8 that goes with the Canon VI that my dad bought when I was one year old.

It took most of our family pictures until I was 10, when he bought a Canon Pellix with 50/1.8.

After that, I was able to borrow it, including hundreds of pictures for 7th and 8th grade yearbook.

That was my favorite camera until I bought a Nikon FM at the end of 3rd year of college.

I also have (still) a Xenogon 35/2.8, which I also used with the Canon VI, as the viewfinder

has a selector for a 35mm lens.

A few years ago, I got a FED-2 with 50/2.8, though I can't read Russian.

OK, if I put Industar into google translate it comes out with Индустар,

which is what it says on the lens.

PICT0127.thumb.JPG.5a8f435c4b22da942e4a311ad5fc26bd.JPG

Taken with the FED-2 and Индустар 50/2.8.

• Like 1

-- glen

JDM they are brilliant, if you get a good one. I have a zorki 5 (I think they were on to a marketing scheme there - '5', it makes it appear that it's a better version of the versions that didn't exist - much like the 'sputnik 5' vaccine). It has a good lens. Must use it. Keep safe, Arthur (apiarist1)

Apparently the V is for vaccine (or the Russian letter for it), not 5.

And there are Zorki number from 2, and an unnumbered one before it.

-- glen