What's your favorite OM travel rig?

fast_primes

I can fit an OM-1 and three Zuikos (28/2.8, 50/3.5 Macro, 75-150/4 zoom) along with hoods, a filter or two, caps, etc. and a couple rolls of film into a Lowepro Off Trail waist bag. Very handy and comfy. The tiny Zuikos with the 49mm filter thread easily slip in and out of the slim side pockets of the Lowepro waist bag. The larger 55mm thread mount Zuikos wouldn't fit so well. I wouldn't call this a "travel" rig. More of a day rig.

If I opt for my Beseler Lifestyle series "canteen" shoulder bag I can add the T20 flash, more film and a few other small items.

Much lighter and handier than toting my Nikon gear which generally requires a larger shoulder bag.

I can carry quite a bit eqipments in the Lowepro mini trekker. Two cameras with long lens (< 200mm) attached and 8 short lenses (< 100mm). Probably I will carry OM4t, OM2n, 200/4, 100/2.8, 50/1.4, 35 shift, 21/3.5, 18/3.5, and 16/3.5. At the destination, I will decide which one or two camera to use with 2 to 3 lenses maximum.

My kit will vary depending on where I am traveling, and what I am planning to shoot. But my primarary travel kit usually consists of:

OM-4ti and OM-3 bodies, 21 f/3.5 w/hood, 28-48 f/4 w/hood, 75-150 f/4, 49mm polarizing & warming filters. If I am going to be shooting a lot indoors (museums, chruches, ect) I bring the 21 f/3.5, 28 f/2, 40 f/2 and 85 f2 instead.

For climbing I often bring only one body and a 35-70 f/3.5~4.5, a light compact kit.

Jim Couch

I have two bags on a subset of the other. In the my big bag (F64 backpack) I carry an OM4T and OM2S (in addition to a Mamiya 7II 65mmF4). Packed in are the following lenses 24mm F2.8, 28 F2.8, 50mm F1.4, 50mm F2, 100mm F2, and 180 F2.8. My small bag I take either the OM4t or OM2S with my favorite lens 24mm F2.8, 50mm F2, and the 100mm F2. If I want to travel lighter, I omit the either or both of the 50 or 100 lens. I am looking for a 21mm F2.

I've taken a few trips with an OM1 and a 50/1.8 worked great. Earlier this year, I spent a couple of weeks in Japan, and following the "if your photos aren't good enough, you're not close enough" pholosophy, took a 100/2.8 instead of the 50. Sometimes that was a bit limiting, but usually not. I haven't decided yet which of these is my favorite.

My Lowepro Nova 3 bag currently has in it an OM4, OM2sp, 17mm f3.5, 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 100mm f2.8 and a few filters, spare batteries, film etc. - but the most used lens on my last trip was the 35mm f2.8 shift lens! My Tokina 80-200mm f2.8 is just too bulky and heavy to walk around all week with...

I'm with Gene!

I generally just carry one OM body (I have an OM-2n and an OM-G), the 100/2.8, and the 24/2.8. If I want something faster, I bring the 35/2 for my wide-angle. (On rare occasions, I may carry the 50/1.8 as a fast lens, but since I really dislike the "normal" view, I rarely use it.) Before I had the 24/2.8, I used the 28/2.8 (which I had on long-term loan from my sister) - both are GREAT lenses. And that 100/2.8 is just magnificent!

And, as far as my possibly feeling underprepared with just a single OM body, I generally also carry a Minox submini or two, but that's a whole other story...