What's this that was stuck at the back of my Hasselblad?

philip_dygeus2

A film I recently developed had a 1-centimetre wide black band stretching slightly diagonally across the bottom 1/4 of each frame. When I removed the film magazine on my 203FE I noticed that the 'thing' depicted in the two images was attached inside the camera.

It was situated behind the rear shutter towards the top (meaning that it would be visible from the back only when the shutter was tripped) and each short side of the thing was in the vertical grooves to the right and left behind the rear shutter.

It's 56mm long and shiny plastic on one side and dull matte black and slightly coarse on the other side. On that coarse side a 2-3mm wide slightly raised straight ridge runs along the length of the thing. That side of the thing also looks as if it has been torn off from something. The coarse side is not entirely unlike the dark dull material inside the camera but I don't see anywhere where a piece of it would be missing.

For some reason it looks familiar to me but I don't know why. Does anyone have an idea what it might be?

photo_21_edit.jpg

photo-2_edit.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance

Philip

philipus.com

Film is Photography