What's most maddening is . . .

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." o_O

How many of these missives have you posted? :D

How many times has a POTW not been posted or has one been posted that the photographer has subsequently deleted because there's no mechanism in place to avoid this?

How many times have weeks gone by and those in charge remained unresponsive to the community?

How many times have glitches recurred at fairly regular intervals?

How many times have some members tacitly supported the cause of the insanity by chastising those affected by it for calling it out?

• Like 1
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

If they aren't going to respond, they're just not. When the product you are using has many flaws which remain unchanged after endless contacts with the manufacturer and no better replacement is available, the choices are binary - keep using it or stop using it. As to tacitly supporting the "cause" I guess, if you see it that way, Fred. "Insanity"? a bit extreme. Neglect, lack of resources, inattention - you call it. Wasn't intending to chastise - just struck me as amusing after all of the messages - note the emoticons - a friendly dig.

"Insanity"? a bit extreme.

Well, you’re the one who introduced that characterization, so I’ll let you decide how extreme.

As to tacitly supporting the "cause" I guess, if you see it that way, Fred.

I do . That’s why I said it.

the choices are binary

I’m not a binary choice kind of guy. Rarely is the world that black and white. There’s lots between “love it” and “leave it” though there seems to be a lot of appeal in such simplicity.

Wasn't intending to chastise.

No?

just struck me as amusing after all of the messages - note the emoticons

Emoticons . . . the ultimate absolution. Here’s one I know you like. :rolleyes:

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!