What's happening with these Instant photos?

<p>I thought I'd ask in this forum because it seems to have all the Polaroid/Fuji instant experts!<br>

I just tried out a new (to me) Fuji PA145 back loaded with FP100B film. I'm shooting it on a Graflex Graphic View II camera.<br>

See the samples below --- the problem isn't the exposure (that was my own fault, I'm new to the LF shooting process and was just fooling around.)<br>

The problem is the dark strip on the right hand side of the image. I don't know what is causing the problem.<br>

Part of why I included the mistaken exposures I made, is because they show that the dark strip is not actually black -- it just looks significantly underexposed, because the dark strip shows some detail in the prints that were accidentally overexposed.<br>

From left to right, here is the info for the pictures:<br>

1. Metered at f/16 at 1/4 sec. Whoops, forgot to reset the camera aperture from wide open for focussing, down to f/16 for exposure. So the whole thing is overexposed, but you can see detail in the bar on the right.<br>

2. Tried again by simply resetting the aperture to f/16. But this time the sun came out, blowing my original metering and I didn't adjust. Overexposed again, but this time the black bar on the right is darker?!<br>

3. Finally dialed in the correct exposure for the new sunshine (f/22 and 1/10 sec.) But now that black bar is really black.</p>

<p>Any ideas what is happening to cause that black bar?</p>

<div>00VSjB-208355684.jpg.4112e536807f1c87bbff721589a691cf.jpg</div>

<p>OK -- I figured it out. The all-Japanese instructions that came with the PA-145 left me a little confused about the order of things, so I was erroneously pulling the small white tab before making the exposure.<br>

Of course, it turns out that the correct order is: remove the metal darkslide, make the exposure, then pull the white tab followed immediately by pulling the black film tab.<br>

Hopefully my newbie mistake will help others. It's really simple to use packfilm, but the right things have to happen in the right order!</p>