What's happened to this forum?

booray

<p>After reading the "Bitterness" post from a few days ago, I decided to post a question for the few remaining readers.</p>

<p>A few years ago, there were multiple posts every day. Now, we'll go days without a post.</p>

<p>Why?</p>

<p>I have my own opinion but I want to hear from everyone else first...</p>

<p>I'm don't see a significant lack of response to questions. Many people are eager to help. Over time some questions have been asked and answered frequently. Surely some of the same questions will come up again. It may be tiresome to some but there is often some new perspective or a variation of the facts.</p>

<p>But there is a phenomenon of posts about posts which, itself, might not be helpful. In the case, here, we have a post about a post which was about a post. Getting back to the meat and potatoes of photography and business may be the best way to keep things on track.</p>

<p>John has a point. Posts about posts about posts aren't really that helpful to the forum. What is going to get said in this thread that wasn't already said in the other thread?</p>

<p>Forums go up and down. People join, get excited, post a lot, post less, then end up doing something else. Sure, some of us stick around for years and years. But some do not. Forums based around a business like wedding photography are going to see this cycle exacerbated by greater events in the world around us. The influx of "I've got a camera, I'll be a wedding photographer" type people into the wedding market added to the slowing economy have caused many long time wedding shooters to decide to find greener pastures both in terms of the work they do and in terms of the specific forums (even within photo.net) they post on. All of these sorts of things can cause forums to go up and down.</p>

<p>I think Nadine does a wonderful job of running this forum. But I am also all ears (as I am sure she would be) to anyone who has an idea of how to help the forum serve photographers better. I'm not promising you that I will agree with your plan. But hearing other opinions and ideas is a crucial part of doing my job, even if they aren't ones I ultimately end up doing.</p>

<p>With that, I am going to close the thread. I think we've had all the conversation on this topic that the forum can take for one week. Let's get back to talking about wedding images and the business thereof.</p>