What Would You Do - Chase Jarvis or Photo Trip?

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by john bosley photography, Jun 11, 2009.

1. My wife is going to be out of town this Friday and Saturday. I had planned on taking Friday, heading up into the beautiful Rocky Mountains here in Colorado and having an indulgent photo trip without having to worry about what time I get home, plans with my wife, etc... Today I just saw that Chase Jarvis is going to be speaking at the Art Directors Club of Denver . I think it would be great to hear him speak.
    Should I work on my photography or listen to what Chase has to say? What would you do?

2. I'd take the trip. cb

3. I'd say it is a toss up. The weather here, at least in the high country is cold and wet and has been for some time now. So in one respect, it is totally green with clean patches of snow still around. On the other hand, it is cold and "Oregon" like.
    I would be interested in hearing what Chase has to say, he is one of the more insightful businessmen.

4. I don´t know Mr. Chase, but I think I would take the trip and make thousands of shots , there is nothing like taking your gear and shoot, best and warm regards from sunny shiny Mexico //Salvador

5. Do not Chase Jarvis. Chase the light...

6. It all depends on the weather -- if it looks promising take the photo excursion, indeed.

7. go plant a recording machine under a seat at the convention center, and take the trip..theres nothing like real experience..and you can listen was Chase had to said in your return : )

8. Since I don't know who Chase Jarvis is, I would take the trip. Even if I knew who Chase Jarivis was, I'd still take the trip.

9. Try to figure out beforehand if Chase Jarvis is even a good speaker. If not then the choice is real easy. Most people aren't good speakers.

10. Definitely take the trip!

11. Ray House

Ray House Ray House

Do both!

12. Hey John,
    Take the trip, forget the lecturer. You can always read a book or go on line.
    Lynn

13. Your wife is out of town? Photos in Juarez...