What to go out with?

fotografya

Well, for a good quality "walking around" lens, I'd recommend Mr. / Ms. X try the Tamron 18-250. It's about $500, but has such a wide range and great image quality, much better than many kit lenses. I call it my vacation lens, because with that range, I can leave my faster pro lenses at home. Of course, there are tons of lenses out there, and you can get a Kia or Mercedes, depending on your bank account. The perfect lens for one may be not so good for another.

Also, on crop DSLRs, I like the Sigma 10-20mm superwide zoom. You can get some very nice and dramatic architecture and scenery shots with it, and can use it for so many things. They're around $500 too. Tamron makes a similar variant too.

Between those two lenses, you can cover a lot of ground.

This is a tough one. Sometimes I take only the 50/1.7, others it's the 16-50, maybe with the 50-135 or 90/2.8 macro. If my journey is with the car I take a bag full. Today I packed the 90 macro, 16-50 and the 50-135 and used them all. Depends on the situation and how I feel. If I were limited to only one, maybe the 16-50, that is until I can buy a 30mm prime or thereabouts.......

My answer to this question, get a 18-200mm lens. It's a good go everywhere lens. You will be taking it off the camera less and that means less chances of dirt on the sensor. If your budget cannot afford you this lens then a 28-135mm will do just as well. Hope this helps.

One lens solution:

A fast 24mm, 28mm or 30mm lens, preferably a 24mm.

Two lens solution:

A fast 24mm, 28mm or 30mm lens & a fast 50mm or 85mm

[preferably a 24mm and 85mm, fast = F1.4 to 1.8 ish].

My ``take out with no purpose kit`` is a 5D with and EF50F1.4, but I usually have a Canon Powershot P5IS in the car, or in my pocket.

WW