What to charge for a DVD?

daniel_farina

<p>Hey All. I have a client that is interested in 16 images I shot of his son playing lacrosse. They're all action shots from games this year. Anyway, on my order form, I charge $25 for a DVD of portrait and team photos. I was thinking of charging him $50 for all 16 images with a release form for personal use. What would you charge? By the way my fee for prints are: $4.99 for a 5 X 7, and $6.99 for an 8 X 10. I'm not feeling greedy about this because I just had a nice "photo day" shoot with this team a 5 others in the same league about 2 weeks ago. Dan </p>

<p>My basic fee goes like this:</p>

<p>Time Shooting (hr or Day rate) + Expenses (milage, rentals, hotels and ect...) + Post Time (photo editing) + Usage = Fee It is simple but flexible formula for fees. I am using Fotoquotes for usage. My hourly rate is $74.99-$249.99 depending on the project. Images are submitted to a website that is password protected for the client to view and download.</p>

<p>I would guess somewhere between $350 - $650</p>

<p>$50 should be ok for files that might yield up to a 5x7 print. Don't give them full siz jpegs. Even at 5x7 you're giving them a discount on the purchase of 16 4x6's. plus they're getting digital files to use on facbk type of sites.<br>

Ao, try this estimate - your evryday print price(for whatever size) x qty of files, less 25% for getting a qty. .so, for your current order you should be charging $60 for a 4x6 file size.</p>

<p><em>Time Shooting (hr or Day rate) + Expenses (milage, rentals, hotels and ect...) + Post Time (photo editing) + Usage = Fee</em><br>

<em> </em><br>

Ralph, can you explain what you mean by the term 'Usage'? Otherwise your fee formula looks pretty practical...</p>

<p>AP</p>

<p>Don't be greedy, but do charge them something for the CD... Personally - 16 photos - I'd do it for $48.00 - $3.00 per image -</p>

<p>I know I'm going to get flamed on this one - but these are action photos of a kid playing lacrosse for a parent. There is limited - if any - commerical value for these photos and I'm guessing that the parent will spread the word about your photography if you give him a deal - just like he would if you rake him over the coals.</p>

<p>Dave</p>