What Sunpak 522 flash cable for Quantum QB1 battery

Discussion in 'Lighting Equipment' started by john_flores|1, Mar 18, 2005.

1. I recently bought Sunpak 522 in excellent condition and would like to use my nice Quantum QB1 battery to power flash...does anyone know what flash module or cable I need for this setup? I can't find anything on internet about this particular flash and battery compatability. Please see image for battery and flash (rearview) configuration. I also need a copy of owners manual for this flash. I would appreciate any ideas and or suggestions, thanx!
    00BY37-22422984.jpg

2. Have a look at the Quantum battery site http://www.qtm.com and go to the compatabilty chart. From what I gather the QB1 power pack is not compatible with this flash unit.

You either need a Turbo flash unit and cord which will plug into the 510V socket of your gun, or you will need a QB2 power pack and a clumsy looking box that replaces the 6AA battaries or cluster that fits in your Gun.

I have the same flash gun (autozoom 3600)along with another Sunpack 555 and I use both a sunpak HV510 power pack and a quantum Turbo power pack.

With the Quantum unit being far more versitle if you need to power other flash guns or cameras.