What professional organizations do you belong to that provide ROI

fotografz

My first several years I belonged to PPA & WPPI. I joined NAPP a couple of years ago.. They were more of an opportunity to network with other pros and attend trainings, conventions, and trade shows. Gave me a chance to meet and study with Monte Zucker, Tim Kelley, Norm Phillips, Frank Cricchio, Eddie Tapp and several others.....

I'm planning on returning to WPPI soon. I also enjoy my Photovision membership.

I was just reading on the WPJA website. They seem like an extremly picky bunch. I can appriciate thier position wanting to represent truely talented photographers but I don't like to be told how to run my business and thats pretty much what happens when you read the terms for application and acceptance.

Joe, i dont think WPJA tells you how to run your business. All they want is for you to be who you say you are. In any case, I belong to WPJA. I do get about 5 leads a month from them, so thats pretty good. I think Photo.net is a good forum or a networking opportunity community, but we never meet :(

Most of my business comes from word of mouth or via event planners who have me on file and recommend me to there couple. That works for me pretty well.

be good

Anton

"Photo.net is a good forum or a networking opportunity community, but we never meet" -Anton

I've met with a half dozen or so folks from P-net over the last couple of years and have developed some friendships as well. There's plenty of other NYC people here...give 'em a shout-out and arrange some coffee get-togethers.