What photo hosting service do you use?

michael_jones26

<p >I am considering smugmug however I would like to know of more options that exist. Found out today for example that imagekind offers you 15% on any frames that you sell. Not all of my customers would be interested in frames. However enough will to make that 15% worth it. After all its our photographs that are selling the frames. None goes to smugmug or another site like it just to buy frames.<br>

Here is a rough idea of what I am looking for.<br>

A site that will allow templates and the ability to edit them. I am not the best HTML designer and know jack about programming . Flash templates would be a plus.<br>

Allow hosting of the domain itself. I don't want to use some cheesy javascript redirect or myloginname.hostingsite.com.<br>

Commission on any frames that are bought from my site.<br>

A shopping cart that only includes the product and sizes that I am selling. Not every single product that the companies can print and all of the sizes they offer. Just covered in grey or red telling the customer its not available. It makes the checkout look sloppy.<br>

Digital downloads with an ability to add a documents for licenceing. Photoshelter offers this. Do any others?<br>

The ability to add a blog or at least be able to intergate a blogging service.<br>

Email along with the hosting package would be great. However I can get a paid host for emails if I have to.<br>

None of these are make or break except the shopping cart. I don't like the examples of the shopping cart that I have seen at smugmug. It could just be novices like myself not editing it or being lazy in its use.</p>

<p >Thank you for the advice/help.</p>

<p>I use smugmug and it does offer customization of products and print sizes that you sell. You essentially set your prices for what you do want to sell, and set the prices for what you don't want to sell to zero. Also has options for downloads of small or larger personal and commercial with diff prices for each. If you have a domain, you can set that as your page instead of <em>yourname.smugmug.com</em>. I believe they also have flash available, but I don't use it so not 100% sure of their capabilities there.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>PickPick allows for completely customization and you buy the software so you don't pay a monthly fee. And since you host yourself there's not limit on the number of images or galleries. Plus their customer service is great for all the help you may need learning how to use it (they install for you). They also soon will be integrated with whcc for automatic print fulfillment if you choose.<br /> Jan<br />