What lens is this?

Troll

The camera strikes me as being a Zorki 1 (model C) , if the lens is a 50mm it's likely an Industar-22 that was mated with it.

There were screw on Viewfinder masks for the Zorki (held in place by the cover screw for the horizontal RF adjustment)

But I've never seen a collapsible tele for Zorkis or FEDs though.

How about a focused picture so we can read the lens barrel ?

If I could read it, I wouldn't have to ask here.

The image was taken from an AHC TV program (TV screen) about Hitler, I can't improve on what is shown. Sorry. (It's bugging the hell out of me!)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Generally, movies props are doing well when they come even close to resembling a real, contemporary camera.

The NKVD officer in White Tiger also had a de-chromed Zorki (which of course failed at the crucial moment :D ) I've got a screen shot of it somewhere.

Hollywood also has plenty of goofs by the way. Approximately 90 seconds worth of blank frames in this case :)

goof.jpg.a661d1b53d86046757160d3ff3ea85f8.jpg

I don't think Leitz ever made a 90mm Hektor, though.

You are correct, would have to be either a 50 or a 135. Could be the 50. I don't think it is but might be an Elmar 90. I keep thinking 90 only because the angle of the photo has a foreshortened perspective so looks longer than 50. But really can't tell. I'm just trying to make a hopefully at least semi-educated guess.

From the position of the focusing stop it is obviously a very early, probably non-coupled, lens. Certainly NOT a bayonet mount.

I still wonder if it's a 50mm Hektor, or possibly a non-Leitz lens.

The viewfinder mask suggests a 90mm.

I'm an absolute zero as regards Leicas and derivatives, but I nonetheless finds this type of discussions absolutely fascinating. This said, I would suggest the viewfinder's mask is the best indication. There is no way the guy in charge of rummaging out an epoch-appropriate camera for a movie about Hitler would bother to locate and affix a tele mask if it was not already there. And if it is was there, then it is very unlikely that the camera had a non-appropriate lens. So, if the consensus seems to be that this is a mask for a 90mm lens, then the camera does have a 90mm lens. As to which lens...

There is something rather weird, though: the photo suggests a collapsible lens, but there is no way that (apparent?) length of tube could be retracted inside the camera.

(snip)

There is something rather weird, though: the photo suggests a collapsible lens, but there is no way that (apparent?) length of tube could be retracted inside the camera.

Do a web search for 90mm collapsible elmar and many pictures will come up.

It doesn't go all the way in, but at least enough that the case can close over it.

The front of the front element might be 100mm from the back of the camera, and might

collapse by 40mm, leaving 60mm from the front to back. From the pictures, the collapse

distance is about equal to the filter diameter, where for 50mm lenses it is much less.

-- glen