What lens do you use the most?

<p>Cristian -</p>

<p>Lens most often used now is 35-70 2.8-D. Favorite lens is 35 2.0 on M-6. No longer have the camera that used my all time fave, all around lens, that was a 40 2.0. Wide enough to be more encompassing and interesting, but not so much as to seem distorted or exaggerated. Wish one was available for my M-6 now, I'd be all over it.</p>

<p>P</p>

<p>With the D2H, a midrange zoom, probably an even split between the 35-70/2.8D AF and 18-70 DX Nikkors.</p>

<p>With film, usually whatever is the "normal" focal length for that film format: approx. 35-50mm with 35mm, 75-80mm with 6x6 MF. It's all I could afford for the first 10 years I was in photography and now many years later I still tend to visualize photos from the perspective of a normal lens.</p>

<p>1. EF 100-400 on 40D, 50-500 (Bigma) on E3. I shoot mostly birds and wildlife.<br>

2. EF 50 1.4 on 40D, ZD 14-54 on E3 for portraits<br>

3. But with my latest acquisition: EFS 10-22 on 40D, I will do a lot of landscape and architectural.</p>

<p>I tend to use a 'semi-wide' lens most of the time, and a 'normal' the rest of the time. The focal lengths I use wont mean much to most people here because I primarily use large format (4x5 and 8x10), but you get the gist. It all depends on your subject, vision, and budget really...</p>

<p>My primary subjects are abstract close up views of things, so I tend to use a fair amount of bellows extension (like using extension tubes with smaller cameras) which necessitates a shorter focal length lenses if I am to not run out of bellows (120-135mm focal length for 4x5 for example). Despite the fact that I have a lot of bellows draw to work with, I still prefer to work with shorter focal lengths because it allows me to get larger magnifications. I do use the 'normal' focal lengths for close up work as well, but it really depends on how wide a view I want, and how close I will be working to the subject...</p>

<p>When I shoot larger subjects (like landscapes or entire subjects rather than selected bits of them) I tend to use a 'normal' focal length for the format I'm using (150-200mm for 4x5 for example), and only occasionally something a little longer than 'normal'. The reason behind this is that these focal lengths allow me to selectively choose what will be in the frame while still keeping a good sense of place, where a long focal length ("telephoto", if you will) tends to isolate the subject too much. The wider focal lengths tend to show too much for my tastes much of the time, so this seems to be how things play...</p>

<p>I no longer own anything that could be considered a 'long' focal length for any of the formats I use because they took up too much space and added too much weight for something that never got used. The longest focal length that I have for 6x7 is a 140mm, and the longest focal length I have for 4x5 is a 203mm. For 8x10 I have a convertible lens, but I never use it converted, so it works most of the time as a 12" focal length...</p>

<p>- Randy</p>

<p>Its a toss up between my 50/1.4 and 28/2.5. The 50/1.4 gets a lot of portrait work with my son (18 months) and the 28/2.5 gets some work with people pictures and plenty with landscapes and architecture pictures. A distant 3rd would probably be a toss up between my 85/2 and my 24/2.8. Of course my 50/1.8 gets a lot of use as well for beach pictures on a 2nd body (I worry less about gumming them up with sand).</p>

<p>Checking my LR metadata<br>

50 f/1.4 and 17-55 f/2.8 EFs for corporate events, grab and grins, and landscape.<br>

100 f/2.8 and 135 f/2L product photography, portrait and fashion.<br>

55 f/2.8 on Mamiya for landscape.<br>

FD35mm f/2.8 T/S (converted to EOS) Most used novelty lens</p>