What is your profession?

patricks

Well, they say the majority of Leica users are old grey-haired

doctors and university professors... It would be interesting to know

what each one of us do for a living (without prying too much)

Personally, I work in business development for a major software firm.

34 years old Swede living in the US since much too long (Yeah, I

know, I should be shooting Hasselbalds and driving a Volvo)

Cheers,

Pat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the other active "Pat" on this forum, I'll quickly note that I am professionally a wetland scientist

& hydrologist with, strangely enough, a BA in Painting & Drawing. Been photographing for 30

years +, first w/ a Pentax, then in in early 80's with Leicas...

A relative newbie to this forum, I'll chime in anyway. I am a 34 year old advertising sales executive working for an IT trade publication living in northern NJ/working in NYC. And my wife and I own both a Volvo and Saab Pat!

In order to supplement my all-too-meager photography income, I also do freelance consulting work. Last month, I was out of town pretending to be a political campaign consultant. Now I'm designing a survey and analyzing data for a music-industry marketing company.

Like Ronald Wills I am a Dental Ceramist--we create porcelain and gold cemented crowns and bridges. Formerly I owned a group of large commercial labs, and for the past 10 years I've worked solo doing high-end cosmetic and full-mouth rehabilitation cases, plus lecturing and teaching and taking advantage of a great deal of travel to pursue photography in addition to the bird photo opportunities right here in Florida. I've been into photography since junior high and am an admitted packrat who still owns about 75% of the photo gear I've accumulated since then.

Patent attorney working at a general practice firm in Detroit, MI.

By the way Pat (the Swedish one), I spent several years living in Trollhattan working for an automotive parts supplier to Volvo/Saab. I loved every minute of it - I miss being there. Midsommaren kommer snart - wish I was there to take photos!!

I work in for a well-known university press. I am the acquisitions editor for their science program. University level publications in science (mainly the biological and earth sciences). Another ancient art (books) that may be altered beyond repair by digital developments! My first interest was astronomy from age 7 then photography from 13. Currently 42 years of age.
Robin Smith