What is the proper lens hood for the FD 24mm f/2.0?

<p>Some sources like Mir say use BW-52c others say BW-52b, for such an old lens I don't<br>

know where to go for an answer except this forum. Also, what should you pay for a <br>

used lens hood? Personally I like collapsible rubber lens hoods like those from Hama, B&W or<br>

Bower, they take up less space for storage without needing removal, and cost very little.<br>

Has anyone got a collapsible hood that they use that doesn't effect corners.</p>

<p>I don't have this lens, but some of the collapsible rubber ones might work without vignetting if they are partially collapsed, as many of them are capable of doing.<br>

There are so many varieties, however, that about all you can do is to try them and see. It's not enough for it not to be visible in the viewfinder since that typically doesn't show a 100% view, so shoot some film.</p>

<p>Also, the ones to get, if they work otherwise, are the ones with a filter thread, etc. so you can mount filters (they may vignette, though), but most particularly, so you can put a lens cap on with the hood in place.</p>

<p>I've had good luck with the generics from http://www.lenshoods.com/ </p>

<p>Check out the very useful <a href="http://web.mit.edu/dennis/www/canon/fd-lens-info.html">Canon FD Lens Info</a> page. The BW-52C fits the 24/2 and 24/2.8, while the BW-52B fits the 28/2 and 28/2.8. I would expect that the latter would give you slight vignetting on the 24/2.</p>

<p>I'll check out the hoods tomorrow (I have them both) and post my findings.</p>

<p>BW-52C: large petal - 30mm length; small petal - 20mm length</p>

<p>BW-52B: large petal - 34mm length; small petal - 23mm length</p>

<p>Their diameters are the same.</p>

<p>I suspect that using the 52B on the 24/2 would cause slight vignetting at maximun aperture.</p>

<p>Good info from everybody.<br /> I'll add that the<strong> BW-52C</strong> is a rare find that usually commands top dollar.<br /> In addition to reversibility, both BW-52 units incorporate a <strong>very effective</strong> "felt like" anti-flare material that can be cleaned with adhesive tape.<br /> <br /> I use the BW-52B on my FD 24mm f/2, but I use it on (like you T. Zen) a 1.5x crop sensor digital body, so definitely no issues.<br /> As <strong><em>Mark P.</em></strong> showed us, the extra 3 and 4 millimeters of the 52B petals, push the <strong>cut-out</strong> just a bit further out than the 52C.<br /> <br /> When I mount the combo on to a AE-1 Program with it's excellent screen; on infinity, one can't see a "visual" vignette until just <strong>a peek around</strong> of your fingertip at the cut-out of the tulip; <strong>so it's very close... </strong></p>