condition with some very light cleaning scratches and a small (1mm) nick on the

front element (confirmed by Houston's largest used dealer), but the glass is

very clear, and produced great results, so rather than lose $50 on both way

shipping, I decided to keep it and leave neutral feedback. The seller replied

that he is not a shop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120079804194

MINT it is! Most don't seem to have the slightest clue what it means.<P>

What I get a kick out of are descriptions like the following:<br><i>

"Camera is in MINT condition. LIKE NEW! Just a few scratches on the ____,<br> the ____ is a little bit loose, and it's missing the ____. Other than that, it's MINT!</i> <P>WTF? :-)

I'll have to vote for "NOT _____" (i.e. "Canon F1 not Leica, EOS, Nikon, Sony"). Yeah, I know what it's NOT. Like someone searching for an EOS SLR is going to say "wow, you know, I think I will toss all my lenses and pick up that F1 instead".

Hi Stephen,

I agree with you 100%...but, I have traded on evilbay for years with over 1700 deals and I am a little surprised you fell for the guys description.

His listing is poor, with the usual non description for a 'dodgy seller..ie not much text, his photos are crap, his responses to questions are off the cuff and his f/b is also dodgy. Also the possibililty of any Nikkor rf lens of this age being truly mint is very remote..so I remain surprised you 'are surprised'...

cheers Steve.

Am interested in what other names people call Ebay. Evilbay is a good one, so is feebay. How about Ebath. You are right about MINT. They make a joke out of the word. But do not forget that although Ebay is where a lot of people unload a lot of junk, there are a number of legitimate camera stores on Ebay as well. These guys have nothing to do with getting rid of the garbage in the attic. They buy and sell quality stuff and do it full time.

Another name: Fleabay.

Mint is definitely overused, but I really hate "L@@K". That and the folks who apparently use the same keywords or description all the time, so smack in the middle of what you're searching for you'll find another brand of camera. pita.

Mint is near meaningless when applied to camera gear because it more literally applies to coins. But I don't mind it. I think "rare" is the funniest abuse of the language when ignorant sellers use it of cameras. It probably translates as: "I haven't seen one of these before, and I'm just guessing it might be worth a bit."