I have a Epson Stylus photo R200 I read this book about photoshop. It

says, in printing you should select ICM options. Then choose ICM-

options execute by printer (or something similar, this book is in

Dutch) What are ICM options? Under colour management I get to choose

from colour controls, photo enhance, or ICM. When I select ICM I do

not get a window that allows me to select anything.

ICM is Microsoft's color management engine (so to speak). I'd conduct all color

management in something like Photoshop (Print with Preivew) and stay away from ICM

(and the ColorSync options on the Mac). You need a good printer profile in either case, the

question becomes where to apply it. I'd do it using the host software (Photoshop and even

Elements can handle this).

In Epson printers and Windows platform, the supplied icc profile files are inadequate and more accurate output is obtained by selecting ICM in the epson driver. Then you need to choose the correct paper type, which selects the profile. This works very well. Do not use the epson-supplied icc file.

Epson provides two kinds of color profiles for their printers. One kind is individual profiles for individual papers, with this you select the "No Color Adjustment" option. The other kind is a single profile for just the printer itself. This type converts the colors to a particular reference color space for the printer from which the printer driver does the rest depending on your choice of paper in the options, this automatic conversion is the "ICM" option.